+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not all on him

Banned

Not all on him

It is true that Eli Manning has had some issues this season and hopefully he will return to form for the end of season and possible playoff run here but it is not all on him. Our play calling is miserable. Yes, Eli Manning did miss a couple throws against Washington Redskins last MNF but there was no reason for our OC to abandon the passing game.

I am confident that Eli Manning turns it up a notch and we really need him to because our OC is pure garbage. I know there are folks that defend him but he flat out stinks. Hopefully this is his last season as our OC.

It wont be his last season as OC, because you don't fire a super bowl-winning coach... too bad Eli makes him look like the best OC in the world sometimes.

Its def not all on him but sometimes I just wonder what eli is thinking. I see a couple of receivers wide open but he forces it into double coverage. It just leaves me scratching my head.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pthere55 View Post
    Its def not all on him but sometimes I just wonder what eli is thinking. I see a couple of receivers wide open but he forces it into double coverage. It just leaves me scratching my head.
    He does have some of those bone headed plays. There are times however when he is so spot on and we take a nice lead and then suddenly the entire gsmeplan changes and we let the other team back in it. I don’t understand that.

I really dont understand why we dont go just over the Dline in the middle of the field ever. It amazes me when we do it, and it works perfectly. I think Pascoe had a huge catch a game or so ago on it. And Bennett was wide open on Eli's dumb throw to the endzone. But other then that, I dont remember much of this happening. If we did that more, and more RB screens with Bradshaw or Wilson, we would score more TDs in the redzone.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I really dont understand why we dont go just over the Dline in the middle of the field ever. It amazes me when we do it, and it works perfectly. I think Pascoe had a huge catch a game or so ago on it. And Bennett was wide open on Eli's dumb throw to the endzone. But other then that, I dont remember much of this happening. If we did that more, and more RB screens with Bradshaw or Wilson, we would score more TDs in the redzone.
    It seems that we look away from that and it makes no sense because it would really help us out.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    It is true that Eli Manning has had some issues this season and hopefully he will return to form for the end of season and possible playoff run here but it is not all on him. Our play calling is miserable. Yes, Eli Manning did miss a couple throws against Washington Redskins last MNF but there was no reason for our OC to abandon the passing game.

I am confident that Eli Manning turns it up a notch and we really need him to because our OC is pure garbage. I know there are folks that defend him but he flat out stinks. Hopefully this is his last season as our OC.
    I'd say they are both indispensable. Gilbride has been with Eli his whole career (yes, Chris Palmer was his first QB coach) and Eli is by all marks a successful QB and you have to be pretty pleased with the development of the offense since 2004. Well you don't have to be, but if you aren't by now I cannot imagine what more you want. Besides Tiki back. :-)

It seems that we look away from that and it makes no sense because it would really help us out.
    It seems like sometimes they deviate purposely from what was once working. Nothing has changed or prevented them from doing the same but they are like… hey let’s try this now.

When did we abandon the passing game?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    When did we abandon the passing game?
    the second half. Eli threw 2 times as many passes in the first half.