+ Reply to Thread

PFF Team Of Week 14

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...am-of-week-14/

Excerpt: "Every week we analyze every player, on every play, of every game. So when we put forward our Team of the Week it’s more than just looking at which guys compiled the prettiest numbers.

It takes into account which quarterbacks made plays, and which ones let their receivers do all the work. Which defensive tackles stood up offensive linemen to redirect runners. Which cornerbacks were bailed out by dropped passes.

So with that in mind, enjoy our Team of Week 14.

Offense

Tight End: Martellus Bennett, NYG
    (+3.3)

The touchdown for Bennett just gave him the nod over Jason Witten. Both men had fine days in the run game.

Wide Receivers: Steve Smith, CAR
    (+4.3) and
    Victor Cruz, NYG (+4.3)
    Smith does love playing against the Falcons, doesn’t he? In a somewhat disappointing year he looked like the dominant receiver of old in a classic display. That’s as well as Cruz has played all year, snagging eight of nine passes his way for 121 yards and a touchdown.

Defensive Front 4-3

Defensive Ends: Michael Bennett, TB (+7.1) and Jason Pierre-Paul (+6.0)
    I liken Bennett to a bully. When he knows he can beat you, he’s relentless and unforgiving. That’s why he ended up with 10 quarterback disruptions and a couple of stops in the run game. JPP was all over the Saints line with nine QB disruptions of his own. He’s been crying out for a game like that.

Special Teams

Kicker:
    Josh Brown (CIN)

Punter: Pat McAfee (IND)

Returner: David Wilson (NYG)

Special Teamer:
    Mark Herzlich (NYG)" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

off-topic, since when did NE switch to a 4-3 (saw Wilfork listed as a 4-3 lineman)? I thought belicheck was the 3-4 Guru...

It's a damn shame that no one else on our line is showing the motor that JPP has or he would have 30 sacks. I don't get how Brandon Carr got a positive grade, dude got lucky with AJ Green dropping balls all day long...

I'm utterly shocked jpp put up that good of a grade. I swear his only pressure was a couple bull rushes that collapsed the pocket. I'm aware how he plays the run, just didn't think he played that good.

Quote Originally Posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
    I'm utterly shocked jpp put up that good of a grade. I swear his only pressure was a couple bull rushes that collapsed the pocket. I'm aware how he plays the run, just didn't think he played that good.
    to be fair teams focus their whole offensive line on JPP, it just that everyone else lacks the intensity to get the passer.