Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

ELI on cover of ESPN magazine...HOF Edition

Personally, I don't think discussion should really start until the end, or near end, of a players career. So I won't argue either way. Article really mostly talks about his demeanor and ability to "forget", Meh...

Bunch of Eli Magazines over the years:

Can't find the new one.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...-espn-magazine

ESPN puts Eli in the "one year away" category. Also in that category are Roflbergers, Adrian Petersen and Jared Allen.

For Eli, they are saying another SB appearance (win or lose).

I honestly think that mediocre stats alone (assuming he's playing for another 5 years) will ensure him a trip to Canton.

id agree with the "1 big yr away" if eli has a big year, which he will, he's a lock but conversely i agree with krunch where if he just has 5 yrs or so of avg play for him, he's a lock as well. dont think the writer realizes what elis stats will look like when alls said and done. the fact he hasnt missed a game is so huge concerning that.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    id agree with the "1 big yr away" if eli has a big year, which he will, he's a lock but conversely i agree with krunch where if he just has 5 yrs or so of avg play for him, he's a lock as well. dont think the writer realizes what elis stats will look like when alls said and done. the fact he hasnt missed a game is so huge concerning that.
    Exactly ... Eli will most likely end his career with around 50k yards and 300+ TDs, Combined with 2 SB MVPs, he'll be a borderline first ballot guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...-espn-magazine

ESPN puts Eli in the "one year away" category. Also in that category are Roflbergers, Adrian Petersen and Jared Allen.

For Eli, they are saying another SB appearance (win or lose).

I honestly think that mediocre stats alone (assuming he's playing for another 5 years) will ensure him a trip to Canton.

If you compare Eli to other HOF QBs, just looking at regular season value (going by Football Reference WAV), Eli clearly will merit induction with just two more season of career-average production after this season. As far as the postseason, he's already done enough. He doesn't have to reach a third SB when he's one of only eleven QBs to win two Super Bowls, and he's one of 5 QBs to win 2 SB MVPs (Starr, Montana, Bradshaw, Brady, and Eli). A QB has won only 25 of the 46 SB MVPs handed out, and Eli has two of these.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Bunch of Eli Magazines over the years:

Can't find the new one.
    lol...is that vogue one for real???

eli will be a hall of famer when it is all said and done,,he is too good a QB and his numbers will be there,,,plus his super bowl wins,,super bowl mvp's, and the competition in the form of other elite QB's he has beaten to attain these goals will loom large,,plus he has at least one more super bowl win in him I believe.

The big thing is, he's outplayed Brady in the Big Game, twice. Brady is already considered a lock for HoF, so why shouldn't Eli?

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

If Eli makes it to another Super Bowl, win or lose, will he be first ballot?