+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, is Randle in the dog house now?

So, is Randle in the dog house now?

I've noticed the Giants are getting Jernigan more involved on offense now along with Hixon and Barden... (Barden not so much though) And since Randle muffed two punts last week it seems he lost his job on returns as well as playing time on offense.

Thoughts?

Probably, or maybe the just trust Hixon more handling the ball and running routes for Eli.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I've noticed the Giants are getting Jernigan more involved on offense now along with Hixon and Barden... (Barden not so much though) And since Randle muffed two punts last week it seems he lost his job on returns as well as playing time on offense.

Thoughts?
    probably in the dog house, we'll see him back in 2013 lol

So another draft pick in the doghouse and has to earn his way out of it....

Probably just that Nicks and Hixon are both healthy for the first time in a while. Randle was always a backup this season.

The way I saw it, you had Nicks as your X receiver, Hixon as your Z, and Cruz as your slot. Then you had Barden as an "understudy" for Nicks, Randle for Hixon, and Jernigan for Cruz.

On top of that, I've seen a lot of 4 WR sets lately, with 2 slot receivers in. Jernigan lines up opposite Cruz in such situations...
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Probably, or maybe the just trust Hixon more handling the ball.
    I guess so now after the fact he muffed those punts. Had he not he'd likely still have his job.

I'm kind of asking this question cause of the way Wilson was handled. Is Coughlin doing this to stay consistent with his merits or to show Wilson that he wasn't the only one being made an example of? Either way Randle was definitely seeing more time on the field before the last game against the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    On top of that, I've seen a lot of 4 WR sets lately, with 2 slot receivers in. Jernigan lines up opposite Cruz in such situations...
    I re-watched the game a couple of times and noticed they had Jernigan lined up in the slot and Nicks and Cruz on the outside a few times. Makes me wonder that they don't have too much confidence in the other receivers (Hixon, Randle, Barden) getting open enough on the outside.

But I guess that might be for another thread..lol

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post

Thoughts?
    Hixon is the # 3 receiver behind Nicks and Cruz. When those three are playing, the availability for everyone else is greatly reduced. It's probably not a coincidence that Hixon was the punt returner after Randle muffed two punts in the previous game. I'd wait for the snap counts to be posted before making any assumptions.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-11-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

My guess is that since we are sort of entering an early playoff mode with a such tight division race, we are going with the more proven veteran in Hixon vs Randle. I doubt we would of seen as much Wilson at RB against the Saints if Andre Brown wasn't injured.

So the way I assume Coughlin sees it...we can afford to have Randle sit on the bench and not cost us with mistakes of inexperience because of our depth at the position while Wilson has to step up now since he is #2nd in terms of playbook knowledge of our RBs.

got to get them all in sync with Eli.

play them all
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread