+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, is Randle in the dog house now?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Interesting, I thought I saw Jernigan more than 3 times, but it seems pretty accurate.
    Yep, you did - those were only their offensive snaps. Jernigan also received 10 snaps on ST.

Forget about the muffs, he has't done Anything good on punt returns besides catch the ball....that's all he had going for himself, until ofcourse he screwed that up. Jerigan got more on that punt return than Randle has all year long fielding them. I'd keep Jernigan on punt return duties.

I still like Randle and think he could be a big time receiver in the future, but he's not really that good at returning punts, he doesn't have that speed and explosiveness that I see from guys like Jernigan and Wilson.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Forget about the muffs, he has't done Anything good on punt returns besides catch the ball....that's all he had going for himself, until ofcourse he screwed that up. Jerigan got more on that punt return than Randle has all year long fielding them. I'd keep Jernigan on punt return duties.

I still like Randle and think he could be a big time receiver in the future, but he's not really that good at returning punts, he doesn't have that speed and explosiveness that I see from guys like Jernigan and Wilson.
    he's sloooow

All-Pro
    The thing about those muffed punts is that they happened in the Green Bay game and he was fielding punts the next game. So was it something that happened during practice last week?

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post

Hixon returned two punts on Sunday, not Jernigan. Jernigan did have one kick return for 60 yards.

Rueben Randle 15 15 7.2 18 0
    Domenik Hixon 3 2 8.0 10 0
    TOTAL 18 17 7.3 18 0
    OPPONENTS TOTAL 27 5 10.5 68 0
    David Wilson 48 1,321 27.5 97 1
    Andre Brown 3 42 14.0 22 0
    Martellus Bennett 1 13 13.0 13 0
    Jim Cordle 1 0 0.0 0 0
    Jerrel Jernigan 1 60 60.0 60 0
    TOTAL 54 1,436 26.6 97 1
    OPPONENTS TOTAL 63 1,504 23.9 74 0
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The thing about those muffed punts is that they happened in the Green Bay game and he was fielding punts the next game. So was it something that happened during practice last week?
    More likely TC not wanting to risk any muffs in the next three games. Hixon is more reliable and gains more yards per return
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I think this shows we are officially in " Must Win" territory. With Hixon back he will get the snaps. A lot fewer mistakes from him over the rookie. Those muffs were huge mistakes. He also got way to close to a punt on the ground in that game. The cover team tried to push him into it looking for a turn over. Those mindless mistakes could kill us some time. Add the poor routes and that spells at least sleeping on the couch, if not the dog house.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Probably, or maybe the just trust Hixon more handling the ball and running routes for Eli.
    Hixon should have been one of the returners to begin with. He excelled at it back in 07 and 08 before his injuries.

You never know!

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Hixon should have been one of the returners to begin with. He excelled at it back in 07 and 08 before his injuries.
    Injuries to Nicks and Hixon made that almost impossible for a while.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-12-2012 at 07:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread