+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Mike Francesa on drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    The Giants scored 52 points, the most since 1986, and he keeps on whining about how Saints gave it to them and that it was just special teams. What?! Since when special teams and turnovers didn't count? Should the Giants score every time from 80 yards away to make the score legitimate? Seriously, what are some of these media heads smoking? The only reason I'm still listening to that radio station is by default and not by choice, but wow I'm seriously considering not listening to that dope radio station anymore, well at least not Mike Francesa, since there are a few good hosts during the overnight timetable.

Anyway, yeah man, Mike Francesa, you are no Giants fan to bash them after a such a spectacular win, get lost!!
    The Saints gassed the Giants D for over 400 total yards.......there was nothing spectacular about that. It was a good win but thank god the Giants put up 52 because the D is still in the weeds and the Pass rush is MIA!

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Giants took advantage of a ****ty defense and a ****ty special teams unit. They should have and they did......
    exactly

nothing spectacular about it

and against that ****ty defense the Giants offense still did not look great

this team needs to stop the run and run the ball before I connect the word spectacular to anything they do

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    exactly

nothing spectacular about it

and against that ****ty defense the Giants offense still did not look great

this team needs to stop the run and run the ball before I connect the word spectacular to anything they do
    Well, that's true.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    more like high on diet coke

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    more like high on diet coke
    ..............more like high on pancakes and whipped cream and syrup and............
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    How many other teams put up 52 on that ***ty defense ? How many other teams averaged over 50 yds per return on that ***ty special team? If every other team did it, then no big deal. We did what a lot of other teams didn't . Give them some credit. Enjoy it and hope improvement continues.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    How many other teams put up 52 on that ***ty defense ? How many other teams averaged over 50 yds per return on that ***ty special team? If every other team did it, then no big deal. We did what a lot of other teams didn't . Give them some credit. Enjoy it and hope improvement continues.
    what improvement did you see?

did you see a pass rush that I missed?

did you see them stop the run that I missed?

did you see them run the ball aside form a break away in garbage time that I missed?

did you miss 2 horrible interceptions ?

this team got lucky that the Saints played a horrible game and that they were able to get good field position because if the Saints did not have to throw the ball playing from behind they would have run up the gut all day on this marshmallow defense

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    what improvement did you see?

did you see a pass rush that I missed?

did you see them stop the run that I missed?

did you see them run the ball aside form a break away in garbage time that I missed?

did you miss 2 horrible interceptions ?

this team got lucky that the Saints played a horrible game and that they were able to get good field position because if the Saints did not have to throw the ball playing from behind they would have run up the gut all day on this marshmallow defense
    Agreed...I didn't hear what Francesa or any of these other talking heads have been saying nor do I give a damn....but I know what I seen on Sunday and that was not a dominant defense.

As Rolle would say, no pitbulls. We didn't get the pass rush that we would like, we couldn't stop the run as much as we'd like. Sproles was killing us with his sideline speed, those outside runs have been something that's been killing us all year long.

Those 2 picks we had were good but lets be honest, if we weren't killing them on returns and scoring a ton of points, I think they could've managed the game much better and kept running it on us.

Lets also not forget Eli's terrible decisions on those picks. I'm not that scared about him though because I know he'll rebound from this (and he did throw for 4 TDs).

It all begins with stopping the run, if we can stuff the run and force teams into 3rd and long situations, our D line will start bringing pressure (unless ofcourse we see another 3 man rush and the QB has all the time in the world to find someone.....where have I seen this before?...)
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I am happy they won for sure because they needed too since they couldnt put up more than 16 points vs the Skins....
    They also gave up almsot 500 yards of offense. Eli threw two stupid picks and almost had two more. They still cant stop the run and they give up huge passing plays.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    why even listen to that fool, he only think his opinions are right
    No doubt Francessa has his opinions - dont we all?

You can call him all the (fat) names you want, and at times he p$##es me off also, but the guy is old school and has a lotta years and experience. He is a homer for yanks and gints/parcell, but he also knows more about all sports history than most on this board will ever know.

Just sayin

+ Reply to Thread