+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Is Mike Francesa on drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    I would have had no problem with that. I do have a problem with him flip-flopping and pretending that he picked the Giants all along.

The same defense that got two fumbles and two turnovers and only allowed the Saints to score 20 points.

Not great but certainly not miserable like he tries to make it out to be.
    Not het he is the greatest sports guy but I havent heard him flip flop. he has accepted when he has said things that werent correct. i woudl have to hear this to believe it. The Giants D is not very good in many ways. Points allowed and take aways being their two strong suits. Letting up big yardage though is a bad thing. Mike is leaning towards that and saying this may eventually be a downfall for them.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    No doubt Francessa has his opinions - dont we all?

You can call him all the (fat) names you want, and at times he p$##es me off also, but the guy is old school and has a lotta years and experience. He is a homer for yanks and gints/parcell, but he also knows more about all sports history than most on this board will ever know.

Just sayin
    The notion that Francesa is any more knowledgeable about sports than your average die hard fan is total nonsense!
    When he's right he goes out of his way to point it out, and when he's wrong, he denies ever saying it, giving the illusion that he's on the ball all the time which is also nonsense!!

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Not het he is the greatest sports guy but I havent heard him flip flop. he has accepted when he has said things that werent correct. i woudl have to hear this to believe it. The Giants D is not very good in many ways. Points allowed and take aways being their two strong suits. Letting up big yardage though is a bad thing. Mike is leaning towards that and saying this may eventually be a downfall for them.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...173847436.html
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

so you take the word of a writer who doesnt like him. Still not proof. Anyway....I dont care either way. I listen to him pretty often and I have found him most times to be accurate about what the Giants are or aren't doing. He likes Parcells, hates the Jets and their org, and hates Jerry Jones. Good enough for me....lol
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

so you take the word of a writer who doesnt like him.
    If he has proof to back-up his claims (Which he does) how does him having a supposed vendetta, axe to grind downplay what Francesa said?

I listen to him pretty often and I have found him most times to be accurate about what the Giants are or aren't doing. He likes Parcells, hates the Jets and their org, and hates Jerry Jones. Good enough for me....lol
    What?! When the Giants didn't make the playoffs those two years, he couldn't stop slobbering about the Jets. Add him needlessly talking about other NY athletes - in whatever sport - and saying they don't hold a candle to Mantle, and yeah, I have no problem listening to dead air than this guy.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

If he has proof to back-up his claims (Which he does) how does him having a supposed vendetta, axe to grind downplay what Francesa said?

What?! When the Giants didn't make the playoffs those two years, he couldn't stop slobbering about the Jets. Add him needlessly talking about other NY athletes - in whatever sport - and saying they don't hold a candle to Mantle, and yeah, I have no problem listening to dead air than this guy.
    to each his own. When he talks about stuff I like I listen when he doesnt I change the station. He is not paid to always be right or to be a NY homer. Also what sports fan doesnt idolize great players from their youth.

to each his own. When he talks about stuff I like I listen when he doesnt I change the station. He is not paid to always be right or to be a NY homer. Also what sports fan doesnt idolize great players from their youth.
    Making asinine statements to give off the appearance that you're being objective or that you know what the hell you're talking about (NHL) doesn't make you better than the guy who is always high on his team.

And when you bring up a baseball player from back in the day to compare to a player in the NBA, NHL, NFL today, it goes back to my earlier statement of making ridiculous statements.

Francessa has lost all or most of his credibility with sports fans in general. What he says is generally dismissed anymore.

I used to laugh at him when for the first 3 years of his career with the Giants, Francessa couldn't remember Brandon Jacobs name. He kept calling him..."ah..you know...the big back".
    Get well soon 80.

Making asinine statements to give off the appearance that you're being objective or that you know what the hell you're talking about (NHL) doesn't make you better than the guy who is always high on his team.

And when you bring up a baseball player from back in the day to compare to a player in the NBA, NHL, NFL today, it goes back to my earlier statement of making ridiculous statements.
    ok ....I hear you. When he does things like that thats when I call him a dope and turn him off.

I am not sure about drugs, but food for sure.

+ Reply to Thread