+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants Aim To Put Heat On Ryan, Falcons

Giants Aim To Put Heat On Ryan, Falcons

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...n-ryan-falcons

Excerpt: "Antrel Rolle pleaded with the New York Giants to bring a "dog" mentality and nastier disposition to the field. The veteran safety got what he wished for in Sunday's blowout victory over the New Orleans Saints.

"Oh yeah, I saw a lot of dog," Rolle said with a smile. "No pit bulls. I didn't see any pit bulls today. We are saving that for the long haul."

Perhaps that will come out when the Giants' defense really starts playing the way it knows it can. On Sunday, when they face the Falcons in Atlanta, the Giants will be reminded of just how dominant they can be.

It was against the Falcons that the Giants started their playoff march to the Super Bowl by suffocating Atlanta 24-2 in a wild-card game at MetLife Stadium last January.

The Giants smothered Matt Ryan, sacking him twice and holding him to 199 yards passing and no touchdowns.Michael Turner rushed for just 41 yards as Atlanta managed only 64 yards total on the ground.

This season, the Giants' defense has had some shining moments, dominating Carolina and San Francisco on the road and holding Aaron Rodgersand the Packers to 10 points at home.

But the defense has also given up big passing plays with breakdowns. Sacks have been hard to come by at times and some teams have gained chunks of rushing yards against Perry Fewell's defense. In five of their last seven games, the Giants have allowed 116 yards rushing or more to their opponent.

While the defense forced four turnovers against the Saints and finally conquered Drew Brees, the Giants still allowed New Orleans to gain 487 yards of total offense.

"We did the things we had to do basically when we had to do them," Tom Coughlin said of his defense." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Giants Aim To Put Heat On Ryan, Falcons

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...n-ryan-falcons

Excerpt: "Antrel Rolle pleaded with the New York Giants to bring a "dog" mentality and nastier disposition to the field. The veteran safety got what he wished for in Sunday's blowout victory over the New Orleans Saints.

"Oh yeah, I saw a lot of dog," Rolle said with a smile. "No pit bulls. I didn't see any pit bulls today. We are saving that for the long haul."

If the Giants play, like they did against NO...Then there is no stopping them ! The Play off's are just around the corner !. The Buzz now is everyone is afraid to play the Giants ! I wonder why, lol

Go Luck GMen !

I love it! Please get pressure on Matt Ryan.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

"Acting like a bunch of crazed dogs"
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    "Acting like a bunch of crazed dogs"
    The good old days
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    With the secondary banged up this would be a great game for the DL to come alive. They are playing a team hat doesn't run the ball so well. Hopefully they don't start letting them get it together this week. They do have very good WR's. they need to hope they he TONS of pressure on he QB and hope that Prince is not in bad shape and playing in the dome helps him. Be nice to have KP bak as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The good old days
    They're Back!!!!!

Ryan can't play outdoors. But we've beat him and the Falcons inside their dome plenty of times. I really can't believe they'll have the same score as last year (2 points? Anyone expect that?) but to be honest.... I really think the Giants come out on fire this weekend and give the Falcons very little points.

The falcons' offense is exactly my favorite to go up against.

kick their asses, rejoice, and get ready for next week.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    kick their asses, rejoice, and get ready for next week.....
    +100 ^^^^^ Giants come out on fire, and kick their asses !

+ Reply to Thread