+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Osi: When NYG At Their Best, Nobody Better

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-nobody-better

Excerpt: "Osi Umenyiora knows how good the New England Patriots looked on Monday night after dismantling the Houston Texans.

The defensive end also knows the Giants will need to play some of their best football to beat the NFC's best team, the Falcons, in Atlanta this weekend. But if the Giants are playing at their best, Umenyiora feels nobody is better.

"They [the Patriots] are playing the best right now," Umenyiora said when asked if he thinks the Patriots are the best team on The Michael Kay show on ESPN New York 98.7. "But honestly, when the Giants are playing our best, there is no question we are the best team in football." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

He's right. When this teampays attention to details and brings their "A" game, they can beat any team in the NFL. I just wonder why they don't bring it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    He's right. When this teampays attention to details and brings their "A" game, they can beat any team in the NFL. I just wonder why they don't bring it more often.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I'm starting to get the opinion that the senior guys on defense - like Tuck and Osi - sandbag it a little in games they know they don't need to win. And then, when they get backed up (e.g., Green Bay, Saints), they fire up.

Again, I could be totally wrong.....but in Osi's case especially, I think so. Look at last year, for example.....when they really needed him, it was "Classic Osi". But in the "throwaway" games, he was the invisible man.

So, I think it's almost going to be a nod-nod-wink-wink deal with the defensive line.....they are going to look at the calendar, see Redskins and Dallas on their ***, and say, "let's crank this up and nail down the division."
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-12-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm starting to get the opinion that the senior guys on defense - like Tuck and Osi - sandbag it a little in games they know they don't need to win. And then, when they get backed up (e.g., Green Bay, Saints), they fire up.

Again, I could be totally wrong.....but in Osi's case especially, I think so. Look at last year, for example.....when they really needed him, it was "Classic Osi". But in the "throwaway" games, he was the invisible man.
    sandbagging may be a bit harsh. But they do seem to come up big when it really matters the most. Like they are conserving their energy. Gets annoying....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Ok Osi so when is it owing to happen? Now would be a great time for Tuck and Osi o start sacking the QB again and not like the one Osi had in garbage time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Ok Osi so when is it owing to happen? Now would be a great time for Tuck and Osi o start sacking the QB again and not like the one Osi had in garbage time.
    Sacks are great, statistically. But pressure is by far the more important factor in disrupting an offense. We have proven that in the number of intereceptoin s we have gotten. Pressure makes the QB do things he doesn't intend on doing. Sacking the QB just puts him on his *** (unles you create a fumble and recover it). I'd rather let Stevie Brown & Co. go after the errant passes myself.

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Sacks are great, statistically. But pressure is by far the more important factor in disrupting an offense. We have proven that in the number of intereceptoin s we have gotten. Pressure makes the QB do things he doesn't intend on doing. Sacking the QB just puts him on his *** (unles you create a fumble and recover it). I'd rather let Stevie Brown & Co. go after the errant passes myself.
    Yeah, but it looked more like Brees forcing than the defense pressuring him the other day. Also, a sack or to will make a little more uncomfortable and also make him hurry his throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah, but it looked more like Brees forcing than the defense pressuring him the other day. Also, a sack or to will make a little more uncomfortable and also make him hurry his throws.
    According to PFF Brees was pressured on 18 of his 44 drop backs. Almost 50 %

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    According to PFF Brees was pressured on 18 of his 44 drop backs. Almost 50 %
    PFF is horrible with their judgment stats. Brees wasn't pressured anywhere near 45% of his drop backs.

Tremendously bad website to quote stats from.