+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Osi: When NYG At Their Best, Nobody Better

  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    96,823

    Osi: When NYG At Their Best, Nobody Better

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-nobody-better

    Excerpt: "Osi Umenyiora knows how good the New England Patriots looked on Monday night after dismantling the Houston Texans.

    The defensive end also knows the Giants will need to play some of their best football to beat the NFC's best team, the Falcons, in Atlanta this weekend. But if the Giants are playing at their best, Umenyiora feels nobody is better.

    "They [the Patriots] are playing the best right now," Umenyiora said when asked if he thinks the Patriots are the best team on The Michael Kay show on ESPN New York 98.7. "But honestly, when the Giants are playing our best, there is no question we are the best team in football." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #2
    Veteran Cool Papa B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,709
    He's right. When this teampays attention to details and brings their "A" game, they can beat any team in the NFL. I just wonder why they don't bring it more often.

  3. #3
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,399
    Ok Osi so when is it owing to happen? Now would be a great time for Tuck and Osi o start sacking the QB again and not like the one Osi had in garbage time.

  4. #4
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    96,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    He's right. When this teampays attention to details and brings their "A" game, they can beat any team in the NFL. I just wonder why they don't bring it more often.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #5
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    96,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Ok Osi so when is it owing to happen? Now would be a great time for Tuck and Osi o start sacking the QB again and not like the one Osi had in garbage time.
    Sacks are great, statistically. But pressure is by far the more important factor in disrupting an offense. We have proven that in the number of intereceptoin s we have gotten. Pressure makes the QB do things he doesn't intend on doing. Sacking the QB just puts him on his *** (unles you create a fumble and recover it). I'd rather let Stevie Brown & Co. go after the errant passes myself.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #6
    Reads like Osi is channeling his inner Madden.

    When we score more points than the other team, we can beat anyone.

  7. #7
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,399
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Sacks are great, statistically. But pressure is by far the more important factor in disrupting an offense. We have proven that in the number of intereceptoin s we have gotten. Pressure makes the QB do things he doesn't intend on doing. Sacking the QB just puts him on his *** (unles you create a fumble and recover it). I'd rather let Stevie Brown & Co. go after the errant passes myself.
    Yeah, but it looked more like Brees forcing than the defense pressuring him the other day. Also, a sack or to will make a little more uncomfortable and also make him hurry his throws.

  8. #8
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    96,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah, but it looked more like Brees forcing than the defense pressuring him the other day. Also, a sack or to will make a little more uncomfortable and also make him hurry his throws.
    According to PFF Brees was pressured on 18 of his 44 drop backs. Almost 50 %
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #9
    Veteran embeshAtYa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,455
    Osi sucks

  10. #10
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,399
    It didn't seem like that much. There was a play where Tuck blasted him but he didn't seem like he was being rushed that much.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts