+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Ballard HURTS. Next man up, Beckum...ehhhh : /

Jake Ballard would have destroyed the Jets safeties. They have depth at the corner position so they can now be more exotic bc they will not worry about Pascoe or Beckum. If beckum can come through-HHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA- sorry about that. No honestly, Beckum can actually be the X factor in this game. Will that happen, who knows, doubt it...but its safe to say, if Jake was playing, he would have had a HUGE game.

Re: No Ballard HURTS. Next man up, Beckum...ehhhh : /

I like Beckum. I wouldn't mind seeing him as the third reciever over Barden.

Veteran

I guess I might one of the few that doesn't hate Beckum.

I really think he can make some plays if he catches the ball in stride...he already did in the GB game. Barden needs to get some opportunities too.

[quote user="Pakman"]I guess I might one of the few that doesn't hate Beckum.

I really think he can make some plays if he catches the ball in stride...he already did in the GB game. Barden needs to get some opportunities too.[/quote]Barden has played more then Beckum in his 7 games then Beckum has in eleven games and Beckum has more production.

[quote user="Pakman"]I guess I might one of the few that doesn't hate Beckum. I really think he can make some plays if he catches the ball in stride...he already did in the GB game. Barden needs to get some opportunities too.[/quote]

Pakman, long time no talk, I don't hate Beckum. I just wish he got more looks, Eli has gone to him a couple times in the past 3 weeks so thats promising. I just wish he was able to produce more. But how can he produce when he doesn't see the ball. Who knows, this may be the week.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Pakman"]I guess I might one of the few that doesn't hate Beckum.

I really think he can make some plays if he catches the ball in stride...he already did in the GB game. Barden needs to get some opportunities too.[/quote]Barden has played more then Beckum in his 7 games then Beckum has in eleven games and Beckum has more production.[/quote]

heh? They both have 80 yds. Beckum on 3 catches (most of it on the TD reception) Barden has it on 8 catches. Sooo other than the fact that Beckum scored...I'd say they have both been pretty feeble as far as contributing much to this team.

However, at least Barden has 3 other guys in front of him so play time is limited. Beckum was supposed to be his own position almost and it just hasn't happened. Hopefully they both can contribute big today.

[quote user="Firenugget"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Pakman"]I guess I might one of the few that doesn't hate Beckum.

I really think he can make some plays if he catches the ball in stride...he already did in the GB game. Barden needs to get some opportunities too.[/quote]Barden has played more then Beckum in his 7 games then Beckum has in eleven games and Beckum has more production.[/quote]

heh? They both have 80 yds. Beckum on 3 catches (most of it on the TD reception) Barden has it on 8 catches. Sooo other than the fact that Beckum scored...I'd say they have both been pretty feeble as far as contributing much to this team.

However, at least Barden has 3 other guys in front of him so play time is limited. Beckum was supposed to be his own position almost and it just hasn't happened. Hopefully they both can contribute big today.
    [/quote]Same amount of yards plus a TD in less snaps is more production. Still marginal, but better.

And Barden does have three guys ahead of him, but like I said, he has gotten more snaps in about 5 less games than Beckum. This whole theory that Barden always passes the test when called upon is just simply not true, unless passing the test is 8 catches for 90 receptions in 115 snaps this season and if it is, then Beckum surely passes the test with the same amount of recieving yards, plus a TD in less then 100 snaps.

I agree that it hurts. Ballard, although slow is a big body that gets open. In any case the next man up needs to step it up today.

[quote user="BklynBlue"]I agree that it hurts. Ballard, although slow is a big body that gets open. In any case the next man up needs to step it up today.[/quote]
    I think that saying ran its course, cause were outta men to step up. They all got hurt
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

You have to remember, the GMEN have to run the ball, that is where Beckum falls way short, he can't block, never could, so if he can't block there won't be open space for him to run routes on the play action because they won't respect it, that is why Beckum is 3rd on the TE list behine Ballard and Pascoe, you can probably put Hynoski ahead of him while you at it.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!