+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do not know about you guys with Bradshaw injuries/MRI so quiet what are options at RB

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    I think I disagree. Jernigan was trusted enough last season to handle kickoffs in the Super Bowl and did well. Coughlin said this week they had been working with JJ to insert him as the up man on kickoffs and JJ got his chance and ripped off a 60 yard return with great acceleration good moves and vision. If Wilson is removed from Kick return duties I see JJ going back there. Having your #3 returning kickoffs and punts who has had a bit of an injury history sounds like a gamble, especially when no other #3 has really established themselves at the wideout position.
    Hixon returned punts against The Saints and was the # 3. He's done it before. The ST Coordinator is the one to disagree with.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Hixon isn't what he was three years ago. Wilson leads the league in return yardage.
    Hixon is able. He's not Wilson. This is about who to use when Wilson doesn't return. The ST Coordinator said they were working with Hixon if Wilson was going to get more offensive snaps. l think Wilson has arrived. We'll see on Sunday.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Hixon is able. He's not Wilson. This is about who to use when Wilson doesn't return.
    No, it's about the return team sustaining a drop-off in production. That's all I said.

Why would he need to stop doing returns? There's plenty of other RBs that do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    No, it's about the return team sustaining a drop-off in production. That's all I said.
    And I don't think there will be a "massive " drop off.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-12-2012 at 10:59 AM.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    I think I disagree. Jernigan was trusted enough last season to handle kickoffs in the Super Bowl and did well. Coughlin said this week they had been working with JJ to insert him as the up man on kickoffs and JJ got his chance and ripped off a 60 yard return with great acceleration good moves and vision. If Wilson is removed from Kick return duties I see JJ going back there. Having your #3 returning kickoffs and punts who has had a bit of an injury history sounds like a gamble, especially when no other #3 has really established themselves at the wideout position.
    I agree with this. I think Jernigan has the speed and shiftiness to make big plays and Hixon is too important to the passing game right now. Especially with Nicks banged up.

Bench Player
    #3 wr might be the most important piece for making our offense go. Bradshaw will be ready playoff time, but we need him against good defenses now to even get in. He's proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Now, more than ever... #FreeJacobs.

Wilson would still start if Bradshaw is out, but Jacobs would do better than Pumpkin or Torain...
    LOL
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    Why would he need to stop doing returns? There's plenty of other RBs that do both.
    With Bradshaw hurt, they won't risk it since no other RB has taken a handoff.

# 80

I didn't think it was that serious, but who knows.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread