+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do not know about you guys with Bradshaw injuries/MRI so quiet what are options at RB

Agree. I think whether it is Jerrigan or Hixon we will be fine..

If this is true.. torrain better be playing.. im sorry but wilson isn't ready to carry the load by himself.. torrain has proved he can carry most of the running game with his time on the skins..

Quote Originally Posted by Lemay93 View Post
    If this is true.. torrain better be playing.. im sorry but wilson isn't ready to carry the load by himself.. torrain has proved he can carry most of the running game with his time on the skins..
    Lumpkin is the only other RB to take a snap on offense.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Bench Player
    Ahmad didn't seem himself at all on Sunday. When did he hurt his knee?

He has a sprained knee, as per NFL.com.

All-Pro
    Still not good.

I am not a big Bradshaw fan. Back during our first superbowl he carried a big defensive end for five yards. Lately he has not moved the pile at all. We need someone who can move the pile. BTW, I never though Jacobs moved the pile very well for a guy who is as big as he is. Always thought his biggest asset was having a huge blocker for pass plays. If you can't move the pile, you are not going to make third and short. I just don't think Bradshaw with his feet and ankle situation is very effective any more. I respect his toughness, but I don't think he is very effective, too many plays where he gets stuffed on first down. I did however like the way Andre Brown moved the pile.

Some people are calling for Jacobs to come back, but personally, I'd like to see us with a back that is more versatile. Maybe Wilson can be more of a pass catcher and bring back that dimension of the game we lost when Tiki retired.

The solution is, we have to keep them from scoring. Then we'll only have one KO to return, and almost anybody should be able to handle that job. So Defense is the key to solving this problem!

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post
    I am not a big Bradshaw fan. Back during our first superbowl he carried a big defensive end for five yards. Lately he has not moved the pile at all. We need someone who can move the pile. BTW, I never though Jacobs moved the pile very well for a guy who is as big as he is. Always thought his biggest asset was having a huge blocker for pass plays. If you can't move the pile, you are not going to make third and short. I just don't think Bradshaw with his feet and ankle situation is very effective any more. I respect his toughness, but I don't think he is very effective, too many plays where he gets stuffed on first down. I did however like the way Andre Brown moved the pile.

Some people are calling for Jacobs to come back, but personally, I'd like to see us with a back that is more versatile. Maybe Wilson can be more of a pass catcher and bring back that dimension of the game we lost when Tiki retired.
    You're right about Jacobs not moving the pile. After his first couple of years he was very overrated as a big back. He ran too upright and top-heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Lumpkin is the only other RB to take a snap on offense.

Not good but we will have to make adjustments with more 3 receiver sets and screens.

+ Reply to Thread