+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Thoughts on David Baas?

This guy didn't have a stellar first year, SB run aside. The oline has struggled this year in the run game but generally speaking, has been better than last year.

David Baas seems have started to gel with the team. His pass protection is solid. His run blocking is coming along. Our bigger free agents seem to have slow first years (Rolle, Canty, Boley, etc ...) but pick it up and this appears no different now.

What are your thoughts?

I'd still want someone younger in the position... someone drafted early.

The only knock I have on JR is that he refuses to draft o-line before the 4th round...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

The only knock I have on JR is that he refuses to draft o-line before the 4th round...
    I don't think he refuses this at all. He is going to draft value above need if at all possible so that's just how it worked out. Also, Beatty was drafted round 2.

I think Beatty was 2nd round, but I agree, next year the offensive line needs to be addressed early....within rounds 1-3.

Most recently, I think Reese wasted that pick on Jernigan....it was like he was forcing a correction on his Sinorice Moss pick by replacing him with Jernigan.

The Giants have a QB in his prime, surrounded by young receivers, and if Wilson continues to develop, this offense is basically begging for the offensive line to be restocked.

I think it was Parcells who said he was always shocked by how quickly a player can go from NFL-capable to over the hill. The point is the Giants can't just wait for players to be past their prime.....they need guys who are pushing the veterans right now, not a few years down the road.....and this goes for pretty much everyone on the offensive line right now.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-12-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think Beatty was 2nd round, but I agree, next year the offensive line needs to be addressed early....within rounds 1-3.

Most recently, I think Reese wasted that pick on Jernigan....it was like he was forcing a correction on his Sinorice Moss pick by replacing him with Jernigan.

The Giants have a QB in his prime, surrounded by young receivers, and if Wilson continues to develop, this offense is basically begging for the offensive line to be restocked.

I think it was Parcells who said he was always shocked by how quickly a player can go from NFL-capable to over the hill. The point is the Giants can't just wait for players to be past their prime.....they need guys who are pushing the veterans right now, not a few years down the road.....and this goes for pretty much everyone on the offensive line right now.
    Sinorice Moss was an Ernie Accorsi pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    Sinorice Moss was an Ernie Accorsi pick.
    Reese was director of player personnel and evaluation.

What was Brewer? Third round? Or was it later?
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Reese was director of player personnel and evaluation.
    So that means all of Resse's picks are now Mark Ross'? Reese and Accorsi clearly have different styles, the GM ultimately has the say. Moss is an Accorsi pick, Steve Smith, Manningham, Nicks, Barden, Jernigan, Randle, are Reese picks.

Beatty and Snee were both second rounders.

I can't knock it -- it works. I'd rather have top talent at the skill positions because it is easier to find good o-lineman further down in the draft. Not easy, but easier.

I did want Cordy Glenn this year in the first round, however, because of his ability to play both T and G. IF Wilson winds up being a game-changing talent next year, then there won't be anything to complain about.