+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on David Baas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What was Brewer? Third round? Or was it later?
    4th.

I think we'll need to find a RT next year unless one of Brewer/Mosely/McCann step up tremendously. Locklear was a stopgap measure at best and I think EVERYONE realizes that DD is depth at best going forward at this point in his career.

I'm guessing Mosely but I'm the worst judge of new raw talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    4th.

I think we'll need to find a RT next year unless one of Brewer/Mosely/McCann step up tremendously. Locklear was a stopgap measure at best and I think EVERYONE realizes that DD is depth at best going forward at this point in his career.

I'm guessing Mosely but I'm the worst judge of new raw talent.
    Thanks for answering my question. Hopefully, the coaches can mold these young guys into some sort of usefulness, whether starters or backups. However, its been a few years since we've invested an early pick on the oline. I think we are overdue. We need to keep our 100 million dollar QB's uniform clean so he looks pretty in the pictures.
    Do not feed the trolls.

This is getting annoying. Certainly Eli has really great pocket awareness BUT he doesn't offset a *bad* offensive line (especially considering how long he holds the ball). If you want to say our oline is *average* in pass protection (which I wouldn't agree with) and Eli makes up the rest, I could understand that sentiment.

And our run blocking got better last year when Beatty went out for the season and was replaced by DD at LT and Boothe at LG.

I agree that Hyno and Bennett only aid in our run blocking scheme but I have a feeling that our RBs have something to do with it as well (AB losing steam, the sudden emergence of Andre Brown, David Wilson's success last game, etc ...).

I'm not exactly a David Baas fan (far from it) ... but statistically speaking, he's been playing much better than last year.
    I'm not trying to say our o-line is horrible, just that we desperately need to invest an early pick into the OL. Preferably all of the first 3 picks. We need a new C, LG, RT going into the future. RG too... Snee is eventually going to tank as well, possibly as early as next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm not trying to say our o-line is horrible, just that we desperately need to invest an early pick into the OL. Preferably all of the first 3 picks. We need a new C, LG, RT going into the future. RG too... Snee is eventually going to tank as well, possibly as early as next year.
    Supposedly this was the year we would have done it ... especially with Cordy Glenn dropping to us. Instead we went David Wilson.

And it would be hard to imagine the Giants not going with a DE in the first two rounds next draft.

Supposedly this was the year we would have done it ... especially with Cordy Glenn dropping to us. Instead we went David Wilson.

And it would be hard to imagine the Giants not going with a DE in the first two rounds next draft.
    Given Brown being out for the season and Bradshaw being held together by scotch tape, in hindsight I'm glad we have Wilson. But our O-line still needs a boost more than our DE's. If Williams and/or Rivers can stay on the field more often, Kiwi can go back to pure pass rusher, and we can work Tracy and Ojomo into the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Given Brown being out for the season and Bradshaw being held together by scotch tape, in hindsight I'm glad we have Wilson. But our O-line still needs a boost more than our DE's. If Williams and/or Rivers can stay on the field more often, Kiwi can go back to pure pass rusher, and we can work Tracy and Ojomo into the rotation.
    I'm not sure about that.

Tracy barely makes the field and has Ojomo even dressed for a game yet? Given our pension for pass rushers and the fact that this is most likely Osi's last year and Tuck under performing, I don't see how the Giants don't draft a DE early. Especially over oline which we've gone the route of throwing numbers at the various positions and hoping some stick.

I like the Wilson pick ... however it does show the priority given this years' need and what was available.

here are my thouhts:

he's one scary-looking dude:

Reese was director of player personnel and evaluation.
    So that means all of Resse's picks are now Mark Ross'? Reese and Accorsi clearly have different styles, the GM ultimately has the say. Moss is an Accorsi pick, Steve Smith, Manningham, Nicks, Barden, Jernigan, Randle, are Reese picks.

Give Tracey a chance, I think we might all be pleasantly surprised. He's a solid special reamer, with good speed. I saw give him a shot.

I guess that he's been fine. As a unit, they pass-protect well so I have to give them all credit. As a unit, they don't run-block well, but I don't know if that's their fault as a unit, or 2 or 3 players. I can't tell.

I don't have a problem with Baas, it's Diehl that needs to be replaced after this year (or at least not start anymore).

+ Reply to Thread