+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

What is your least favorite Giant play?

For me, it has to be the delayed draw. I assume the defense can spot it as easily as I can.

My son's first words were, "delayed draw coming up."

Maybe it's just me....I know they've sometimes had some success with the play....I remember Andre Ware scored on a 2 pt conversion on it once.

But nothing infuriates me more than watching that play go for 2 yards.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-12-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    It's the draw play that drives me nuts but a close second is the bomb on 3rd and short.

Veteran
    I think it has more to do with the people executing this play. Tiki Barber, Dave Meggett, and Tony Galbreath made a living on that play for the Giants. Bradshaw is either not quick enough or doesn't have the vision to see where the hole will be. Either that, or the linebackers are hanging around the middle because we never throw passes to the flat.

It's definitely the draw and the fade route is creeping up there.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    For me, it has to be the delayed draw. I assume the defense can spot it as easily as I can.

My son's first words were, "delayed draw coming up."

Maybe it's just me....I know they've sometimes had some success with the play....I remember Andre Ware scored on a 2 pt conversion on it once.

But nothing infuriates me more than watching that play go for 2 yards.
    I like the delayed draw a lot more than I actually like the quick draw. I believe we scored and gained yards on a lot of those delayed draws.

My least favorite part has to be the outside RB screens. They never seem to work. The short pass RB screens in the middle (when Eli flicks the ball) are actually the good ones.

I don't mind the power draw so much. Patriots run it a ton as well with Mankins pulling as we do with Snee. I do believe it got a key first down in the SB IIRC. Fade to Nicks is up there right now, as always is the bomb and 3rd and inches.

Deep throws on third and short...
    Andre the Giant

Anyone that doesn't say shotgun draw doesn't watch this team...

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    I'm sorry, but the shotgun draw doesn't annoy me as much as the deep passes on 3rd and short. At least a shotgun draw has a chance of converting as long as it's not 3rd and forever. Eli's deep passes are a low completion % and often get picked...
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    The shotgun draw works a ton for this offense, it's why the play has been a staple for a while now.

Just using the play a couple of times a game, even when it doesn't get big yard, slows the LBers from dropping into coverage and we usually PA from it once a game for a big play.

And half the time we run out of the shotgun it's not even a true "draw" play, it's just a running play out of the formation.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!