+ Reply to Thread

Giants At Falcons: Atlanta Scouting Report

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/12/1...couting-report

Excerpt: "The Atlanta Falcons are 11-2, have already clinched the NFC South and appear well on their way to earning a bye and home-field advantage during the NFC Playoffs. Yet, as Jorge Castillo of the Star-Ledger wrote, "skeptics are plentiful."

That means the defending Super Bowl champion Giants arrive at the Georgia Dome Sunday at what might be a critical time for the Falcons, especially coming off a loss to the Carolina Panthers.

"I can hear everybody right now," tight end Tony Gonzalez said. "They’re getting off the bandwagon. I can hear them jumping off. Looking at our history, people are going to go, ‘See, I told you.’"

The Falcons also have the added motivation of the memory of last season's lopsided 24-2 loss to the Giants in the Wild-Card round of the NFC Playoffs.

"I don’t have this, like, deep desire to get them back," Falcons tackle Tyson Clabo said. "I just want to play well and defend the Dome and get a win."

Let' take a look at the Falcons in this week's Scouting Report.

Offense

Overall rank: 376.2 yards per game (8th)

Rushing: 86.9 yards per game (28th)

Passing: 289.2 yards per game (4th)

Quarterback Matt Ryan is having a fantastic season for a Falcons team that is much more pass-oriented than you might have realized. 'Matty Ice' has competed 346-of-511 pass attempts (67.7 percent) for 3,932 yards, 24 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He has a passer rating of 94.8. You think the Giants throw the ball a lot. Eli Manning has 462 pass attempts this season, far fewer than Ryan.

Of course, Ryan has an incredibly prolific trio of receivers to throw to. Tight end Tony Gonzalez, a future Hall of Famer, has a team-leading 81 catches. Wide receiver Roddy White has 77 catches for a team-high 1,140 yards (14.8 yards per catch) and Julio Jones has 63 receptions for 997 yards (15.8 per catch).

Michael Turner
    leads the Falcons' ground game with 689 yards and averages 3.7 yards per carry." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

the only stat that matters to me concerening the Falcons is I would like to see them at 11-3 after Sunday.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Bench Player
    Anyone know why Barden is on the sh@%list? I would love to see the guy start again, and with Nicks not being @ 100%, it would seem like this would be the game. He did great the last game he started as well as the last drive of the Eagles game when they finally put him in the game.
    Last edited by dguy901; 12-13-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: to be specific.