+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Let's hope AB plays

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We have lost key players all season. If Prince can't go, Rolle will likely be asked to play corner. But as frightening as that may sound, we also have Jacquian Williams, Stevie Brown and Will Hill back on the field now. We are accustomed to adapting.
    Rather have hill or hosely play cb. Leave Rolle alone, hasnt had many miscues lately. Williams back is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Rather have hill or hosely play cb. Leave Rolle alone, hasnt had many miscues lately. Williams back is huge.
    Agreed Hosley at CB before Rolle please.

If it were only our call
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I love Bradshaw. But what I've been saying the last few seasons is that we HAVE to split the carries more. His body can't take carrying the load anymore. If we would split carries then he would stay fresher and he could go all out towards the end of the season/playoffs.

Wilson's been practicing all year and he's been doing well with the opportunities he's been given. I'm confident he can do the job. And when he needs a breather, no reason Lumpkin or Torrain can't push the pile for a few plays. They've had a couple weeks to learn and this week they know they will be called upon.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Wilson's been practicing all year and he's been doing well with the opportunities he's been given. I'm confident he can do the job. And when he needs a breather, no reason Lumpkin or Torrain can't push the pile for a few plays. They've had a couple weeks to learn and this week they know they will be called upon.
    Agreed, Lumpkin has taken a few snaps even though he hasn't touched the ball. Learning the where's and when's is critical.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I dont mind. Get Bradshaw healthy for the playoffs. Put Wilsons feet to the fire and see what happens.
    Got to make the playoffs first.

A sprained knee usually knocks a player out anywhere from 1-3 games.

I have no clue how quickly they expect him to rebound from that.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I agree.....he might still make some mistakes, but at some point you've got to take the ****ing training wheels off. Last week proved to me that the kid has some serious talent.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Hard to imagine Wilson could go in there and pick up the load. Not to mention it probably takes Wilson off KO returns. AB may not be the best back in the league but he runs hard and has had a very productive year. Losing your # 1 & 2 RB's in three weeks would be tough to overcome. I think it could be a bit much for Wilson to manage as his first game as the FT RB - loud stadium, playoffs ,good defense...
    David Wilson is by far the most talented RB on the team. There's a reason Bradshaw was a 7th rounder. He had average talent but was a hard worker and always gives it his all. David Wilson is an elite talent and if he were to start against the Falcons I have no doubt he will shred their 23rd ranked rush defense.

He averaged 9.8 ypc against the starting chicago D in the preseason. I think he'll be just fine.
    Last edited by WiIdcat; 12-12-2012 at 03:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread