Thread: Let's hope AB plays

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Although Bradshaw took just 11 snaps last Sunday
    They split carries...

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    David Wilson is by far the most talented RB on the team. There's a reason Bradshaw was a 7th rounder. He had average talent but was a hard worker and always gives it his all. David Wilson is an elite talent and if he were to start against the Falcons I have no doubt he will shred their 23rd ranked rush defense.

He averaged 9.8 ypc against the starting chicago D in the preseason. I think he'll be just fine.
    By far and preseason don't make sense. Bradshaw's agility drills at the combine were better than Petersons. How many rings has Ahmad rushed the Giants too? The verdict is out on Wilson. We don't even know if he can take a hit over a consistent basis. Andre Brown can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    They split carries...
    They did indeed, one of the articles I read was inaccurate. Bradshaw had 38 and Wilson 21
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Hard to imagine Wilson could go in there and pick up the load. Not to mention it probably takes Wilson off KO returns. AB may not be the best back in the league but he runs hard and has had a very productive year. Losing your # 1 & 2 RB's in three weeks would be tough to overcome. I think it could be a bit much for Wilson to manage as his first game as the FT RB - loud stadium, playoffs ,good defense...
    Why do you feel Wilson cant carry the load? Did you see the game last week? As I mentioned in another Wilson thread, this guy is a first rounder for a reason folks... its his freakin job to pick up the load when the time comes. Guess what? The time is here and he needs to prove himself. Again, look what Wilson's classmates are doing (Richardson, Morris, Martin). I personally have a lot of faith in the kid and Im excited to watch him run. I agree w others that Bradshaw's presence is huge come game day, but he is getting more and more beat up. Aside: What is this good Atlanta D you speak? Atlanta ranks close to last in the NFL in run D.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Im 50/50 on this, obviosuly want to beat the Falcons badly, but dont want to risk further injury to AB. Id also like to see what WIlson can do with a bunch of carries (against a team other than NO), but I think if Bradshaw sits we will see a modified gameplan. That is, I think we will see 45-ish throws from Eli.
    Im not sure that is a great gameplan vs a high octane Offense like Atl.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Not good. I can still see him getting time though... Don't trust Wilson and Torain and/or Lumpkin.
    Then who do You trust ?

Bench Player
    Let Bradshaw rest his knee, even if it is a mild sprain it takes more than a few days to get back to 100%. Wilson and Lumpkin will carry the load, I don't know much about Torain. Anyone know why Barden is on the sh@%list? I would love to see the guy start again, and with Nicks not being @ 100%, it would seem like this would be the game. He did great the last game he started as well as the last drive of the Eagles game.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    We've got a power back in 2013 already, in Andre Brown. Him and Wilson are the Jacobs and Bradshaw of the future.
    We have Brown, Scott, Wilson, Bradshaw, Hynoski (I'd like to see him get more carries) with Lumpkin/Torain available next year if they impress.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This is not directed at you, but two weeks ago a lot of people wanted Bradshaw benched.
    I want Bradshaw benched if he is hurt. We know he is tough, and he is a competitor, but we need someone in there who is at full strength. These guys are not going to take themselves out if they are hurt because they are afraid that their replacement is going to take their spot. And he has to know that the first round pick Wilson will be the starter at some point, so you can bet Bradshaw will do everything in his power to stay on the field. The coaching staff has to be smart enough to sit him if he is not at 100%, otherwise he will hurt the team.

Quote Originally Posted by dguy901 View Post
    Let Bradshaw rest his knee, even if it is a mild sprain it takes more than a few days to get back to 100%. Wilson and Lumpkin will carry the load, I don't know much about Torain. Anyone know why Barden is on the sh@%list? I would love to see the guy start again, and with Nicks not being @ 100%, it would seem like this would be the game. He did great the last game he started as well as the last drive of the Eagles game.
    Could be the play where Barden was called for pass interference while he was blocking down field on a pass play.

+ Reply to Thread