+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

NFL Exploring Expanded Playoffs

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Roger Goodell said NFL is exploring the idea of expanding the playoffs from 12 to 14 or 16 teams.

Can't wait for those 7-9 playoff teams.

No thank you!

Let's go.

I think at some point it happens. Just to much money for the league not to do it. Players and coaches would like it as they typically get bonuses for making the playoffs.

What is this? Basketball?

Veteran
    No No and No. we'll have garbage teams in weak divisions making the playfoffs every year, not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    No No and No. we'll have garbage teams in weak divisions making the playfoffs every year, not fair.
    Wouldn't be so bad in a year like this one where you could have a 10-6 Redskins, Cowboys, Bears or Giants team miss the playoffs.

Just go start your own league Goodell. He's proposing WAY too many changes.

Veteran
    I hate Goodell

Keep the playoffs they way they are.. I actually like the nfl format better than the nba or baseball. It feels just right. The nba has too many team and the mlb has too few. The nfl has it just right

Quote Originally Posted by PETEY006 View Post
    Keep the playoffs they way they are.. I actually like the nfl format better than the nba or baseball. It feels just right. The nba has too many team and the mlb has too few. The nfl has it just right
    The problem is if this goes to an owners vote I think it gets approved because all they care about is money.