+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Anyone Else Tired of Hearing RG3?

I think it's dumb how someone is allowed to put III on the back of their jersey. The rules were changed specifically for Robert Griffin, as I call him, his name. If I remember correctly,before they changed the rules before this year, the rules were if there is someone with your same last name on your team, you can add your first initial. The only other Griffin on the Redskins is Cedric Griffin, so at best Robert Griffin should only be able to add an R to his jersey, so it would look like R. Griffin, instead of Griffin III. Maybe it's just me but the whole RG3 thing annoys me, when we hear Robert Griffin, we don't think of his dad or grandpa, we think of Robert Griffin the QB for the Redskins, the III is unnecessary.

Here;s an article with the rule change: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-griffin-iii/ sorry, I don't know how to make it a link, you might have to copy paste.

I'm wondering your thoughts on this, I know this is old news but I just wanted to see if anyone else feels thie same way as I do because it annoys me so much.

Peace & Go Blue,
    Jason

Being I live in Virginia, all we here is RGIII! And yes I am sick to death of hearing about him. Remember, he is not the first RGIII to play for the Redskins...there is Rex Grossman III. (yes this is true)

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    I think it's dumb how someone is allowed to put III on the back of their jersey. The rules were changed specifically for Robert Griffin, as I call him, his name. If I remember correctly,before they changed the rules before this year, the rules were if there is someone with your same last name on your team, you can add your first initial. The only other Griffin on the Redskins is Cedric Griffin, so at best Robert Griffin should only be able to add an R to his jersey, so it would look like R. Griffin, instead of Griffin III. Maybe it's just me but the whole RG3 thing annoys me, when we hear Robert Griffin, we don't think of his dad or grandpa, we think of Robert Griffin the QB for the Redskins, the III is unnecessary.

Here;s an article with the rule change: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-griffin-iii/ sorry, I don't know how to make it a link, you might have to copy paste.

I'm wondering your thoughts on this, I know this is old news but I just wanted to see if anyone else feels thie same way as I do because it annoys me so much.

Peace & Go Blue,
    Jason
    The NFL is 10% football, 10% player safety (avoid legal fees), and 80% marketing. "RGIII" is marketing in a large metro area in DC. I can't stand his name, let alone him, but this is all the NFL selling their fans a brand.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    The NFL is 10% football, 10% player safety (avoid legal fees), and 80% marketing. "RGIII" is marketing in a large metro area in DC. I can't stand his name, let alone him, but this is all the NFL selling their fans a brand.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by mattajw View Post
    Being I live in Virginia, all we here is RGIII! And yes I am sick to death of hearing about him. Remember, he is not the first RGIII to play for the Redskins...there is Rex Grossman III. (yes this is true)
    AMEN to that. I live in the Fredericksburg Va area and all they talk about is RG 3. It is really ridiculous. He is a good quarterback and role model but enough is enough ! One year does not make a career especially one who runs a lot. Give the guy a couple of years before they make his bust for Canton. The injuries are only starting. He might be known in the future as M. Vick ll

Good kid, potentially great player...media is killing him like an overplayed top-40 song. Yes, I am sick of it.

It is an ESPN world. The flashier the better. He seems like a good guy but let him accomplish something first in the NFL. I think the NFL and ESPN are in cahoots to push these guys. The fix is in.

How about RGKnee? Too soon?

I couldn't care less about his moniker, but the hype and media force feeding his legacy to us has become extremely annoying. It has surpassed Cam, Brady, Vick, Tebow and Favre IMO already. Ok, well maybe not Tebow, but it seems to be on its way.

I don't care what they say, he's not playing this week.

If he does, it will truly be a miracle.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905