+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does this remind you of anyone!?

Fixed that for ya, I couldn't watch that link

Ah good old 80's football, wish I was old enough to watch it. Back then the speed of the game was so much faster. Guys used to get BLOWN up on plays that today's defenders wouldn't even imagine doing without 30 flags popping in the air.

About this video in particular though, notice all the outstanding blocks Megget had on every one of those highlights? I think that was some of the past blocking I've ever seen.

I think the OP is looking for the David Wilson answer on this one. Too early for that...

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Fixed that for ya, I couldn't watch that link
    Thanks did it from my phone.

i actually wanna say, after watching marcus allens a football life, that he and wilson run very similarly. i stll think the best comparison is wilson and gayle sayers. sayers is 1 of the other 2 guys besides wilson to return a KR for a TD and rush for 1 in a game iirc. I know that wilsons performance vs NO had aspects that were a first in the NFL and another aspect that 3 people total did, wilson, sayers, and another guy.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Ah good old 80's football, wish I was old enough to watch it. Back then the speed of the game was so much faster. Guys used to get BLOWN up on plays that today's defenders wouldn't even imagine doing without 30 flags popping in the air.

About this video in particular though, notice all the outstanding blocks Megget had on every one of those highlights? I think that was some of the past blocking I've ever seen.
    I miss the screen game as well. It was lethal back then.

Veteran
    that was cool, never heard of the guy, yes he reminds me of wilson. but this current giants team (coaches) HATES screens for some reason.

Man, Simms had some beast runningbacks.

Meggett was something else....

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Man, Simms had some beast runningbacks.

Meggett was something else....
    Rodney Hampton, Maurice Carthon, and of course Ottis Anderson. That 1990 team was my favorite.