+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nicks is OK, But Will "Slow Down" At Practice

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...wn-at-practice

Excerpt: "The MRI on Hakeem Nicks’ troublesome left knee showed “no new injury” on Tuesday, just “the same old stuff” he said.

It was enough, though, for Tom Coughlin to say the Giants are “probably going to have to slow down a little bit” with how much Nicks is able to do during practice each week.

Coughlin wouldn’t say exactly what he meant by that, but Nicks said the plan includes no more “full” practices this season. He said he’ll likely practice only on a limited basis either just once or twice each week.

He’ll also continue to play through the pain of an injury, which is likely much more serious than he’s been willing to say publicly.

“I’m doing good,” Nicks said with a wink. “It’s just that time of year.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

What's "same old stuff"....anyone know? I was under the impression there were no tears or damage at all.......are they implying there is something that has to be repaired but they're waiting until after the year?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    What's "same old stuff"....anyone know? I was under the impression there were no tears or damage at all.......are they implying there is something that has to be repaired but they're waiting until after the year?
    his knee is bothering him so thee has to be some sort of "damage" in there. Or else it wouldnt hurt or swell....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Nicks should not play, if his knee is in bad shape..The swelling and Pain is an indication that there's more to it ..... I'm sure if can play, he will !.... Besides it's better to Treat & rest it, and play the Last 2 games, and the play offs games if he's able to. We have no choice but to use Barden or Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    Nicks should not play, if his knee is in bad shape..The swelling and Pain is an indication that there's more to it ..... I'm sure if can play, he will !.... Besides it's better to Treat & rest it, and play the Last 2 games, and the play offs games if he's able to. We have no choice but to use Barden or Randle.
    have to get to the playoffs first. Barden and Randle wont get us there IMO.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

why not a few weeks off it and let it heal up? wouldnt this be better than 70-80percent each week?

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    why not a few weeks off it and let it heal up? wouldnt this be better than 70-80percent each week?
    in most cases yes. But the way the offense has been playing they need his prescence on the field. IDK.....tough call. If the had a playoff spot clinched then its a no brainer but they arent there yet.

I wish Eli would stop locking on to him. It just isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I wish Eli would stop locking on to him. It just isn't working.
    He's his favorite receiver, even when he's not 100%.

Eli has gotten into the habit of throwing a ton of balls his way and when he's healthy and that's obviously a good idea. He's overestimating Nicks's health and throwing him balls that he would absolutely catch if he was healthy but can't make a play on because he's at 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    Take from someone who knows. I've had my knees drained to relieve swelling more time than I can remember... knee swelling means damage to the knee plain & simple. >85% chance surgery will be required sometime in the future. Book it.