+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,563

    Atlanta Falcons: Top Seeded NFC Team Called Super Bowl Fraud

    http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...a_falcons_blog

    Excerpt: "Minutes after the 30-20 loss to Carolina, tight end Tony Gonzalez admitted to hearing things.

    What he heard was people jumping off the Falcons’ bandwagon.

    But some folks have clearly never been sold on the team tied for the best record in the league and the only NFC team that has a playoff berth wrapped up.

    NFL.com columnist Adam Schein wrote a column trying to separate the Super Bowl XLVII contenders from the pretenders.

    The Falcons, Houston, Baltimore and Chicago fall into his pretenders group.

    The Falcons and the Texans share the best record in the league at 11-2 and are trying to earn the No. 1 seed in the NFC and AFC respectively.

    Baltimore just fired its offensive coordinator Cam Cameron after losing to Washington. Chicago got worked out by Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings.

    He called the Falcons ‘Super Bowl Frauds, contended that Russell Wilson rookie was better than Matt Ryan, that Mike Smith can’t coach, the defense stinks and they don’t have any confidence." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  2. #2
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,593
    I said in the other thread about the trap game idea.
    If the Giants play like crap then they are the frauds......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,343
    Great, now they are more fired up to beat us.

  4. #4
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Great, now they are more fired up to beat us.
    They need a news article to get fired up? They should be fired up to get the # 1 seed, no?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  5. #5
    i thought we already knew that they are who we thought they were.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  6. #6
    Many up and coming teams deal with the play off monkey. Peyton had to deal with it. Eli had to deal with it. While Baltimore and San Diego had success in the playoffs they still couldn't reach the promised land with their current rosters.

    The Falcons definitely have a play off monkey on their back. They know it. The NFL knows it. The fans know it. Come the post season is the time when we'll find out if Matt Ryan (et al) are the real deal. To whit, this game will not show anything to anyone other than the instant-gratification crowd and some pride.

  7. #7
    it would be nice to show we can and have beaten all 3 of the other top seeded division winners.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  8. #8
    Giants need to demolish Falcons, no close win, the D has to contain their offense and this will finish the Falcons as a SB contender and put to rest the Giants detractors as not even a play-off team
    The Falcons need to do the same to restore their SB supporters within the media who finally baailed on the Eagles, but still cling to the Cowboys

  9. #9
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,562
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...a_falcons_blog

    Excerpt: "Minutes after the 30-20 loss to Carolina, tight end Tony Gonzalez admitted to hearing things.

    What he heard was people jumping off the Falcons’ bandwagon.

    But some folks have clearly never been sold on the team tied for the best record in the league and the only NFC team that has a playoff berth wrapped up.

    NFL.com columnist Adam Schein wrote a column trying to separate the Super Bowl XLVII contenders from the pretenders.

    The Falcons, Houston, Baltimore and Chicago fall into his pretenders group.

    The Falcons and the Texans share the best record in the league at 11-2 and are trying to earn the No. 1 seed in the NFC and AFC respectively.

    Baltimore just fired its offensive coordinator Cam Cameron after losing to Washington. Chicago got worked out by Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings.

    He called the Falcons ‘Super Bowl Frauds, contended that Russell Wilson rookie was better than Matt Ryan, that Mike Smith can’t coach, the defense stinks and they don’t have any confidence." Read more...
    I'm not sure how the author can call the Houston Texans pretenders, and yet not the 49ers.

    I can't think of anything that the 49ers have accomplished beyond what the Texans have.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They need a news article to get fired up? They should be fired up to get the # 1 seed, no?
    thats my thinking. if they need an nfl article written by some momo to get amped up, they got no chance

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts