+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pass rush

pass rush

if there were ever week for the giants pass line to be on point its this week. atlanta has a ton of weapons white,jones,gonzo rodgers ect and if we dont put a ton pressure on ryan he will pick us apart. webster is horrible and if prince doesnt play he will be using rolle and hosley at cb which worries me. time for the "best d-line in football" to play balls to the wall non stop motors and no stop pressure. before the packers game i started a thread on us having to put pressure on a rod as he was most sacked qb in nfl and we had to take advantage of that and because he is dangerous with his legs as well. and im sure all will agree this is the case this week as white jones and gonzo are dangerous. time to put up or shut up. time for fewell to get his head out of his *** and be creative with pressure and blitzes and dominate this game like we did in playoff's last year
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Webster isn't horribly by a long shot. Inconsistent yes, but he has played very well for stretches this season

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Webster isn't horribly by a long shot. Inconsistent yes, but he has played very well for stretches this season
    we must be watching a diffrent game he is always getting burned gives up on plays and looks lost he is horrible
    FUTURE NFL STAR

pass rush? there's a defensive pass rush or an opposing teams rush to pass

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    we must be watching a diffrent game he is always getting burned gives up on plays and looks lost he is horrible
    webster along with the rest of the secondary has blown assignments bigtime. I wouldn't call him horrible though. He has let up big plays but he has played well most times overall.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    webster along with the rest of the secondary has blown assignments bigtime. I wouldn't call him horrible though. He has let up big plays but he has played well most times overall.
    what drives me nuts about him is when he get burned he just gives up doesnt play the whole play. however his lack of speed and general skills have been a non issue in the past because or pass rush took alittle pressure off our db's now its just glaring that cweb's good days are behind him
    FUTURE NFL STAR

I'd like to see them bring Hosley in on some blitz's.

In a perfect world, the Giants can get pressure with a 4 man rush....that allows the secondary to get as much help covering Jones and White.

However, if they bring five, the 5th guy needs to be quick, and preferably, coming from the edge, to block slant routes.

The Giants are going to need a monster game from JPP, and something tells me he's going to have one.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'd like to see them bring Hosley in on some blitz's.

In a perfect world, the Giants can get pressure with a 4 man rush....that allows the secondary to get as much help covering Jones and White.

However, if they bring five, the 5th guy needs to be quick, and preferably, coming from the edge, to block slant routes.

The Giants are going to need a monster game from JPP, and something tells me he's going to have one.
    It's been a long time coming...

I think we match up well with them, though, if Prince is out, that's lessened to some extent. We tend to struggle with teams who are balanced, and can keep the down and distance manageable. It neutralizes our pass rush and keeps our D-Line off balance the whole game.

Turner doesn't scare anybody these days. That should provide us with some 3rd-and-long opportunities and that plays to our biggest strength on "D."

Quote Originally Posted by SackingMyths View Post
    I think we match up well with them, though, if Prince is out, that's lessened to some extent. We tend to struggle with teams who are balanced, and can keep the down and distance manageable. It neutralizes our pass rush and keeps our D-Line off balance the whole game.

Turner doesn't scare anybody these days. That should provide us with some 3rd-and-long opportunities and that plays to our biggest strength on "D."
    Agreed....Canty and Joseph need to play big.

The entire Giants team really needs to put together another "Green Bay" type of game.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell