+ Reply to Thread

ANyone have links explaining cap hits when you trade/cut a player...

Want to find more info. on this so I can muster up some reasonable situations for us.

Banned

Re: ANyone have links explaining cap hits when you trade/cut a player...

When you find out, let me know about it. :-)

Bench Player

Check this one out but all it mention is signing bonus but still informative

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question644.htm

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]When you find out, let me know about it. :-)[/quote]

sure thing bro...I just still cannot digest that canty is making almost as much as osi/tuck combined this year. He is the 2nd highest paid player on this team, this year..it amazes me..might be the 2nd highest player on this team period..not sure..thats why im trying to figure it out...i like canty but in no way shape or form does he deserve that much money. he is NOT a top 5 DT.

Banned

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]When you find out, let me know about it. :-)[/quote]

sure thing bro...I just still cannot digest that canty is making almost as much as osi/tuck combined this year.* He is the 2nd highest paid player on this team, this year..it amazes me..might be the 2nd highest player on this team period..not sure..thats why im trying to figure it out...i like canty but in no way shape or form does he deserve that much money.* he is NOT a top 5 DT.

[/quote]I agree. Although I have defended Reese, I'll also admit that he made a few bad decisions in his last few seasons here but I truly think that he's a smart enough man to learn from his mistakes... well at least I hope. I was happy when we got Canty AND Rolle ... I can't believe how much of a disappointment they both have been. I think Fewell schemes has a lot to do with their poor play but at the same time I agree with you 100 %... Canty along with Rolle imo are WELL overpaid.

Veteran

Canty is due to make $6 million next season. He's basically gone unless he restructures. Austin was supposed to make the decision to part ways easier.

I believe most of Canty's bonus money is already paid so the cap hit won't be 12.25 he is scheduled to make over the 2012/13 seasons. IMO, he's talked a better leadership role than he's ever played. Considering the effort on defense often, I'd say his word falls on deaf ears.