+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Osi, G-Men Set To Sack ATL

Quote Originally Posted by WEG313 View Post
    What pressure? Save for the Green Bay game, the Giants have rarely put consistent pressure on the QB since early in the season. And as far as Osi's comment about one-on-one blocks, there is no way teams can possibly double team more than one DL, and that would invariably be JPP. When has Osi been double teamed this year? Why would any team waste a double team on him?
    Osi has been chipped and double teamed game after game this season, I made a thread about it awhile back. Watch the game without your blinders on.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Sacks aren't everything but this line has not put on consistent pressure either. And their play against the running game has been horrible. Lets hope they pick it up this week and carry it into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Sacks aren't everything but this line has not put on consistent pressure either. And their play against the running game has been horrible. Lets hope they pick it up this week and carry it into the playoffs.
    yeah their run D has sucked.....but so has their pass D. Lots of yards. But they keep the points to a minimum and get the TO's too......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    +1
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Everyone is enamored with stats, that is the problem. TD passes for a QB, rushing yards/TD's for a back. receptions/yards for receivers, sacks for DE's. What people don't realize is sometimes stats don't tell the story. A team with a terrible defense who is constantly behind in games and has to throw the ball all the time is going to have players with inflated passing yard stats, piling up yardage in garbage time when defenses are letting them complete passes underneath over and over trying to prevent the big play. Offenses that play the Giants defense know they need to have quick plays, 3 step drops, and get rid of the ball. Plus we haven't exactly been good against the run so teams are running the ball on us. These are some of the reasons why the sacks are down.

The only stat I care about is W-L record. The rest doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGiant View Post
    Everyone is enamored with stats, that is the problem. TD passes for a QB, rushing yards/TD's for a back. receptions/yards for receivers, sacks for DE's. What people don't realize is sometimes stats don't tell the story. A team with a terrible defense who is constantly behind in games and has to throw the ball all the time is going to have players with inflated passing yard stats, piling up yardage in garbage time when defenses are letting them complete passes underneath over and over trying to prevent the big play. Offenses that play the Giants defense know they need to have quick plays, 3 step drops, and get rid of the ball. Plus we haven't exactly been good against the run so teams are running the ball on us. These are some of the reasons why the sacks are down.

The only stat I care about is W-L record. The rest doesn't matter.
    +1.....this is why I laugh whenever dumb NFL fans tell me that even though we've won 2 championships in the past 5 years, we weren't "that dominant" of a team.

They act as if the coaches are there to please them, fantasy players, and stat nerds as opposed to winning the lombardi.

I hope NE is satisfied with their reg. season stats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Osi has been chipped and double teamed game after game this season, I made a thread about it awhile back. Watch the game without your blinders on.
    I absolutely disagree, there have been plenty of times where Osi has been blocked solely by the OT or even the Fullback plenty of times. Osi just has been playing the way he usually does, being afraid of contact, over running the play and being virtually useless in run defense. JPP is the one who is constantly double teamed and chipped, yet still manages to do better than our other two "elite" DEs. The D-line has looked a little better as of late overall, but to say Osi has been unproductive because he is getting too much attention from opposing team's offense is a joke.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I absolutely disagree, there have been plenty of times where Osi has been blocked solely by the OT or even the Fullback plenty of times. Osi just has been playing the way he usually does, being afraid of contact, over running the play and being virtually useless in run defense. JPP is the one who is constantly double teamed and chipped, yet still manages to do better than our other two "elite" DEs. The D-line has looked a little better as of late overall, but to say Osi has been unproductive because he is getting too much attention from opposing team's offense is a joke.
    How has he been unproductive? He's tied for the most sacks on the D and he's caused forced fumbles. He's elite against the pass at least.The linebackers are better against the run so they make up for it. Tuck is getting old but we can't lose him cause he's the leader of the d line(just look what happend to the bears and ravens when they lost ray lewis and brian urlacher for their defenses). Plus Tuck is still productive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    How has he been unproductive? He's tied for the most sacks on the D and he's caused forced fumbles. He's elite against the pass at least.The linebackers are better against the run so they make up for it. Tuck is getting old but we can't lose him cause he's the leader of the d line(just look what happend to the bears and ravens when they lost ray lewis and brian urlacher for their defenses). Plus Tuck is still productive.
    Hes had only 2 forced fumbles and 6 sacks, those are not good numbers for someone who is supposedly an elite pass rusher. Those numbers coupled with the fact that the guy is a huge liability in run defense does not justify the amount of money he is being paid. To put it in perspective, there are 34 other players in the league that have more sacks than Osi does at this point, and 32 players that have forced more fumbles. This notion that Osi is an "elite" player is a figment of your imagination.

+ Reply to Thread