+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

What NFC playoff contender can actually beat the Pats in SB47?

I think it's pretty safe to say that no one in the AFC is going to stop them from getting to the big game once again except for Denver. Even so, I think that it's a safe guess at this point that the Pats will most likely be in the SB once again.

Question is, of the NFC teams that are playoff contenders who can realistically put up a fight and beat them in the Super Bowl this year?

Atlanta? I doubt it, no one is really scared of this team despite their record.
    Chicago? No way.
    Packers? Probably couldn't play D well enough to keep pace offensively.

The only 2 teams I can think of would be Seattle and us. We have proven that we know how to disrupt Tom and make him look average, especially in the big games.., And the way seattles D is playing this year I think they are also a great matchup.

What are your thoughts? Mind you, this is completely theoretical.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I think it's pretty safe to say that no one in the AFC is going to stop them from getting to the big game once again except for Denver. Even so, I think that it's a safe guess at this point that the Pats will most likely be in the SB once again.

Question is, of the NFC teams that are playoff contenders who can realistically put up a fight and beat them in the Super Bowl this year?

Chicago? No way.

The only 2 teams I can think of would be Seattle and us. We have proven that we know how to disrupt Tom and make him look average, especially in the big games.., And the way seattles D is playing this year I think they are also a great matchup.

If the 49ers found some more ways to get their playmakers the ball more consistently for a couple more big plays a game and could effectively run the ball as they do regularly, they can beat the Pats. I think the 49ers lose in Foxborough this week but in the Superdome? 49ers could beat them there in the Super Bowl imho.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Chicago? No way.

Ermmm..... How do you forget the 9ers?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    If the 49ers found some more ways to get their playmakers the ball more consistently for a couple more big plays a game and could effectively run the ball as they do regularly, they can beat the Pats. I think the 49ers lose in Foxborough this week but in the Superdome? 49ers could beat them in the Super Bowl imho.
    I forgot to mention them.
    I just don't see them being able to contend. When the 49ers get the lead in a game they are as good a team as there is in the NFL, but when they have to play from behind they are as bad of a team as there is in the NFL.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Ermmm..... How do you forget the 9ers?
    Just corrected.

They would have a chance in a low scoring game.

Veteran
    I forgot to mention them.
    I just don't see them being able to contend. When the 49ers get the lead in a game they are as good a team as there is in the NFL, but when they have to play from behind they are as bad of a team as there is in the NFL.
    They are built solidly enough to beat the Pats. It would be key for them to run the ball and control time of possesion and on defense get after Brady just as the Giants did in both Super Bowls against the Pats. They have players that are more than capable of doing this.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

The way to beat the Pats is on offense. The Texans have a killer defense that played pretty well. The 40 points dont tell the whole story.

The offense on the other hand looked like garbage. They couldn't move the ball for crap, it was really pathetic. The D eventually got tired and the Patriots ran away.

The thing is, we are in their heads. That's why we have an advantage over any team to beat them.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    They are built solidly enough to beat the Pats. It would be key for them to run the ball and control time of possesion and on defense get after Brady just as the Giants did in both Super Bowls against the Pats. They have players that are more than capable of doing this.
    Agree

Hahaha, 49rers, no, even in my imagination I can't picture Colin Kapernick hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, the same sentiment goes to Seattle and Russell Wilson, they are posers.

If Green Bay gets their key players back they still are a more legitimate team just for the fact that they have Rodgers.

And of course, Giants would be in there as well.