+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Some questions about Wilson

Yes I hope he consistently gets 300 total yards and 2 Tds but lets not get carried away..

I hope he does awesome but a couple of things I noticed about him.

1 he bounces it too much which I guess a lot of young Rbs due that have tons of speed. 2 Can he take the hits after 20 + carries ? 3 can consistently pick up blitzes. You know Atl will be designing packages to attack him. 4 can he catch the ball out of the back field ? 5 is he going to run back kickoffs still ? I assume not.

Heck I hope he tears up that turf indoors with no wind or any other elements and rips off a few big TDS

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Yes I hope he consistently gets 300 total yards and 2 Tds but lets not get carried away..

1 he bounces it too much which I guess a lot of young Rbs due that have tons of speed. 2 Can he take the hits after 20 + carries ? 3 can consistently pick up blitzes. You know Atl will be designing packages to attack him. 4 can he catch the ball out of the back field ? 5 is he going to run back kickoffs still ? I assume not.

Heck I hope he tears up that turf indoors with no wind or any other elements and rips off a few big TDS
    I'm sure Atlanta will prepare for him, but he should get over 100yrds rushing nonetheless. I think he should get more screen passes.
    Last edited by Cloud57; 12-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Had a good catch that was negated by Barden's hold last week.

I didn't think he bounced outside too much. IIRC, His first TD last week was right between the tackles. It seems most of his runs up to this point were designed outside runs.

Coughlin said he is going to still return kicks but I think it'll depend on how many kicks. He'll certainly start there I think.

He is on Fire, I think he will do both, Returns & RB.........We have no choice, this is for the Playoffs.

There’s always somebody saying that Wilson can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

Never underestimate the GIANTS !

I think they will try to use that aggressiveness and speed against the Falcons, It will be interesting to see how the kid performs!

I actually hope he doesn't come close to 300 yards consistently unless it's purely on the ground [or two 100yard returns]. Last thing I want is for the defense to start allowing a lot of points, and as a result, more kickoff returns.

A lot of Giants runs for Wilson have been to the edge by design. It's been a way for Gilbride and Couglin to get him incorporated into the game very early. He's not going to polish the pro game next year let alone this year. All of that was mentioned will come in time with exception of proficient pass catching which is up in the air. Some guys have it, some guys pick it up, and for some, it's just not part of their game which does not lessen their role as a back.

1- Wilson hits the designed hole more often than Bradshaw imo. With Wilson's speed, he'll see more outside runs anyway. Wilson likes to turn it upfield when he can.
    2- His durability remains to be seen. But no doubt that he's tough.
    3- Pass protection skills are under construction. Looks like he has the desire at least (seeing him tackle the one rusher recently).
    4- He's got good hands, judging from what I've seen this season and at camp. One pre-draft scout report said "Wilson may be one the best pass catching RB’s in the draft." (http://nflsfuture.com/2012/01/12/dav...outing-report/)
    5- Coughlin said he'd like Wilson to do double duty. And David said he's up for it.

Can't wait.
    Unleash the Rabbit !
    Last edited by fourth&forever; 12-15-2012 at 10:46 AM.

1 he bounces it too much which I guess a lot of young Rbs due that have tons of speed. Don't know what game you were watching, seemed like Wilson knew the plays and followed the lines lead.
    2 Can he take the hits after 20 + carries? Like what I saw, took the ball inside, lowered his shoulder delivered the hit and kept churning, I would be more concerned if I were a D Back, that is one strong tough kid coming at you who has shown he's not going to back down.
    3 can consistently pick up blitzes. If the GMEN run the ball well the blitzes will not be a problem, Gilbride will eat them alive with Play Action, didn't see any misses last week while he was in htere.
    You know Atl will be designing packages to attack him. Really
    4 can he catch the ball out of the back field ? Caught a beautiful wheel route that was called back on offenive call, like to see more of him out of the backfield, looks very promising.
    5 is he going to run back kickoffs still ? I assume not. Word is as of right now he will still be returning kicks, if the GMEN light up the Falcons that would mean he would only be returning 1!

Heck I hope he tears up that turf indoors with no wind or any other elements and rips off a few big TDS, Agreed that would be a nice back to back start for him.
    1 he bounces it too much which I guess a lot of young Rbs due that have tons of speed. Don't know what game you were watching, seemed like Wilson knew the plays and followed the lines lead.
    2 Can he take the hits after 20 + carries? Like what I saw, took the ball inside, lowered his shoulder delivered the hit and kept churning, I would be more concerned if I were a D Back, that is one strong tough kid coming at you who has shown he's not going to back down.
    3 can consistently pick up blitzes. If the GMEN run the ball well the blitzes will not be a problem, Gilbride will eat them alive with Play Action, didn't see any misses last week while he was in htere.
    4 can he catch the ball out of the back field ? Caught a beautiful wheel route that was called back on offenive call, like to see more of him out of the backfield, looks very promising.
    5 is he going to run back kickoffs still ? I assume not. Word is as of right now he will still be returning kicks, if the GMEN light up the Falcons that would mean he would only be returning 1!

Heck I hope he tears up that turf indoors with no wind or any other elements and rips off a few big TDS, Agreed that would be a nice back to back start for him.[/
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post

Heck I hope he tears up that turf indoors with no wind or any other elements and rips off a few big TDS, Agreed that would be a nice back to back start for him.[/
    1. Yes, he has the Bradshaw dance behind the line syndrome. He needs to learn that getting 2 yards when it isn't there is ok.
    2. No idea, he has never see that many hits. Being a rookie in december with a slight frame doesn't favor this position.
    3. No, he is dreadful in pass pro which is normal for rookies. So much that he releases up the field and the TE is staying in to block. This offense doesn't have a lot of routes for the RB and BJ, AB1 and AB2 were all nasty in pass pro so this limits options on 3rd down.
    4. Yes, but if the defense knows he isn't blocking he is easy to cover.
    5. Hopefully he will only need to return one kick the entire game because we shut the Falcons out. Given his value on ST is greater than his value as a RB he should still be returning kicks.

the kid has some confidence now at RB...
    I think he has a very good game this weeknd.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch