+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,342

    I suspect we're at the crossroads with the Giants secondary with this game.

    If Hosley holds it down and the secondary does well.. I think it's gonna be status quo during the offseason. Reese will like what he's seen from Amukamara and Hosley and probably see those as the two starting corners of our future.

    On the flip side, if its a long day for us and the secondary proves they can't stop the pass worth a damn, I think there will be much done. Obviously, Prince and Hosley have been drafted in 2011 and 2012 respectively, but I could see Webster getting cut in the last year of his contract and Reese bringing in a FA veteran CB, and/or using another high draft pick on one.

  2. #2
    We'll go CB in the draft for sure either way.

    Between CWeb being inconsistent (and getting older now) and Princess not being able to stay on the field, we'll have no choice. Even if Hosley works out.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    We'll go CB in the draft for sure either way.

    Between CWeb being inconsistent (and getting older now) and Princess not being able to stay on the field, we'll have no choice. Even if Hosley works out.
    we'll only get a good CB if we draft one in the first round.

  4. #4
    All-Pro JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    If Hosley holds it down and the secondary does well.. I think it's gonna be status quo during the offseason. Reese will like what he's seen from Amukamara and Hosley and probably see those as the two starting corners of our future.

    On the flip side, if its a long day for us and the secondary proves they can't stop the pass worth a damn, I think there will be much done. Obviously, Prince and Hosley have been drafted in 2011 and 2012 respectively, but I could see Webster getting cut in the last year of his contract and Reese bringing in a FA veteran CB, and/or using another high draft pick on one.
    Is Web getting "old," or is he just playing with multiple injuries this year? I would be very very very careful before getting rid of Web -- he's been such a top flight CB for the past 5 years.

    And be very careful about NOT bringing Phillips back. I'm not ready to give up his starting job to a rookie (Hill) and another guy who could possibly be a 1-hit wonder in Brown.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Is Web getting "old," or is he just playing with multiple injuries this year? I would be very very very careful before getting rid of Web -- he's been such a top flight CB for the past 5 years.

    And be very careful about NOT bringing Phillips back. I'm not ready to give up his starting job to a rookie (Hill) and another guy who could possibly be a 1-hit wonder in Brown.
    he's 30 that's old, besides he's slow and blows coverage. He was a good CB but now he's declining.

  6. #6
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    he's 30 that's old, besides he's slow and blows coverage. He was a good CB but now he's declining.
    I think the young bucks are going to make us proud
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  7. #7
    Veteran BlueJayC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,458
    No way they let CWeb go.......too valuable even if it's at Nickel corner next year......as we've seen recently you can never have too many healthy DB's.

  8. #8
    why is our back 7 constantly injured.....been this way throughout TC's tenure.
    they need to switch brands of bottled water or something.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    we'll only get a good CB if we draft one in the first round.
    So not true.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    So not true.
    How you figure? CB is not deep this year, and with all these suspect secondaries around the league I doubt one will fall to us (I'm expecting a pick between 28-32)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts