+ Reply to Thread

Elis been playing as good as anyone since his slump

the past 3 games, eli is tied with brady for most tds over that span with 8 each. Its been very important that eli got out of that funk. it seems like this season is similar to 07 and 2011 with the team ascending to its highest level of play towards the end of the regular season. This Giants team led by eli has always been able to reel of 4/5/6 wins in a row.
    If anything, and I know this sounds stupid, Im hoping theres a way we can lose a game and still win the division. just seems like the team usually wins 4 in a row, loses, then wins 4 in a row again. its prob just me and its prob moronic, but i feel like the odds are better if we're just starting a win streak when we enter the playoffs opposed to having won 4 in a row entering the postseason, meaning to win the SB, wed have to win 8 in a row...

also about atl, eli is 2-0 vs matt ryan with a qbr over 90 (100 iirc) with ryans qbr being right at 80. in those 2 meetings, eli has 6 tds iirc to 0 picks. He had a W @ Atl before Ryan arrived earlier in elis career, and iirc it was one of his 1rst 4 td games.

Atl has won its last 10 at home tho, and atl is, get this, 32-4 at home with Ryan as the QB...gonna need eli and wilson to have huge days and the DL has to own Atls OL

This is when teams start making their run for the playoffs, I think that is what we are seeing with Eli and company!

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"
    Eli wasn't too good last game. The Giants had superior field position the whole game with turnovers and returns and even though Eli had 4TD's, he threw a lot of bad passes too. I DVR'd the Saints game and watched it about 3 times now and he should have had at least 5 interceptions. I counted 3 times he threw the ball right into the Saints defenders hands and they dropped easy picks. It was sickening to watch...he made a lot of the "old Eli" kind of passes.

I think some fans were easy to forget the way he played cause of the score and everything but...if not for David Wilson's play last week...the game is a lot closer. Eli needs to get on the same page with his receivers cause I'm still seeing him making those desperation throws and forcing it into coverage.

Just my honest take on his play last game...fwiw
    Last edited by titwio; 12-15-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Eli wasn't too good last game. The Giants had superior field position the whole game with turnovers and returns and even though Eli had 4TD's, he threw a lot of bad passes too. I DVR'd the Saints game and watched it about 3 times now and he should have had at least 5 interceptions. I counted 3 times he threw the ball right into the Saints defenders hands and they dropped easy picks. It was sickening to watch...he made a lot of the "old Eli" kind of passes.

I think some fans were easy to forget the way he played cause of the score and everything but...if not for David Wilson's play last week...the game is a lot closer. Eli needs to get on the same page with his receivers cause I'm still seeing him making those desperation throws and forcing it into coverage.

Just my honest take on his play last game...fwiw
    Your Right to a certain degree, he has to take the risk, or no gain, he always has, that's Eli's style.