+ Reply to Thread

Serby's Sunday Q & A With...Henry Hynoski

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...ZA22sMDmcsnWyL

Excerpt: "Giants fullback Henry Hynoski blocked out some time for a Q&A with Post columnist Steve Serby.

Q: Describe your transformation once you put on the uniform.

A: I don’t know what does it, but something just clicks. My dad [Henry Sr.] ... he played pro ball [with the Browns], and growing up, people in the area always said how good of a guy my dad was, how he was just a standup person, and I always heard stories of how great he was, and people always tell me how nasty he was on the field, but off the field, he was the nicest you’d meet. So growing up, I idolized my dad, looked up to him, and I always tried to model myself after him. And the one piece of advice that my dad told me when I was a young kid has always stuck with me was, “Be an animal on the field and a gentleman off the field,” so it’s really the way I try and conduct myself (smile).

Q: How old we’re you when he told you that?

A: I started first playing when I was in fifth grade, so I think he probably told me that when I was in junior high or my freshman year getting ready for varsity football ’cause I was moving up to varsity as a freshman, and I was starting to get a lot of attention just because I was my dad’s kid and everybody was waiting for me to come up and seeing what I would do, if I would follow in his footsteps, and that’s the first thing he told me, he’s like, “Just be respectable, but when you get on that field, just turn it on (chuckle).” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

You have to love the Hynosoris!!!! Let's hope he turns it on big today!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    You have to love the Hynosoris!!!! Let's hope he turns it on big today!
    Here's a player who has contributed since the day he got here.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80