+ Reply to Thread

why we need a new defensive coordinator

1. We only look good when the d-line gets pressure. Scheming has nothing to do with it

2. When d-line doesnt get pressure we rarely blitz, instead electing to read and react

3. Fewell was brought in to fix our secondary. For the past two years they have been bottom dwellers in pass defense

4. Our defense was rated in the bottom 20s last season. Nothing has changed this season

5. Refusal to sit veterans who play poorly, ala Justin Tuck

6. Rarely makes adjustments in the second half and many leads are blown

7. Philosophy is read and react, not to force the issue. That will never be an effective defense, especially without a pass rush

Don't pick on Tim Lewis like that!

All-Pro
    The same could be said for the offensive coordinator... we may be watching two different games, but the Giants offense is having yet another game where Eli hasn't thrown a TD. I think that makes 5 this year?
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

This offensive play calling is confusing to say the least....

Man do I agree....Fewel must GO!

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    1. We only look good when the d-line gets pressure. Scheming has nothing to do with it

2. When d-line doesnt get pressure we rarely blitz, instead electing to read and react

3. Fewell was brought in to fix our secondary. For the past two years they have been bottom dwellers in pass defense

4. Our defense was rated in the bottom 20s last season. Nothing has changed this season

5. Refusal to sit veterans who play poorly, ala Justin Tuck

6. Rarely makes adjustments in the second half and many leads are blown

7. Philosophy is read and react, not to force the issue. That will never be an effective defense, especially without a pass rush
    These are reason to have a new HC not just OC or DC.