+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post The Giants Were Set Up to Fail.

It was apparent from the opening the kickoff, that the New York football Giants were set up to fail coming into this important matchup with the Atlanta Falcons. From the media's constant barrage of Superbowl Pretenders remarks, the lost to the Carolina Panthers the week prior, even after saying they were the better team before the game and the memory of the blowout loss last year in the playoffs; the Falcons came into this game with the fuel they needed to play with an intensity that the Giants were never able to match. This was their statement game, the game they put everyone on notice that they are ready for the playoffs and the road to superbowl is going to have to go through them. Meanwhile, the Giants came into the game with the mentality "We're better with our backs against the wall" and they now suddenly find themselves there, with their backs against the wall, no longer in control of their ability to make the playoffs. They came into the game flat, injured and exhausted after coming down off the high they experienced when they beat the Saints. All of these factors along with the inconsistent play so far this season created the perfect mixture unfortunately setting the Giants up to fail.

the only thing you said that is actually a true statement is you mentioned the Giants inconsistent play.
    If media coverage is going to affect a teams play then there is something really wrong....
    Last edited by GameTime; 12-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by BJacobs aka The Problem View Post
    It was apparent from the opening the kickoff, that the New York football Giants were set up to fail coming into this important matchup with the Atlanta Falcons. From the media's constant barrage of Superbowl Pretenders remarks, the lost to the Carolina Panthers the week prior, even after saying they were the better team before the game and the memory of the blowout loss last year in the playoffs; the Falcons came into this game with the fuel they needed to play with an intensity that the Giants were never able to match. This was their statement game, the game they put everyone on notice that they are ready for the playoffs and the road to superbowl is going to have to go through them. Meanwhile, the Giants came into the game with the mentality "We're better with our backs against the wall" and they now suddenly find themselves there, with their backs against the wall, no longer in control of their ability to make the playoffs. They came into the game flat, injured and exhausted after coming down off the high they experienced when they beat the Saints. All of these factors along with the inconsistent play so far this season created the perfect mixture unfortunately setting the Giants up to fail.
    Giants still control their destiny. in out guarantees a wildcard

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    the only thing you said that is actually a true statement is you mentioned the Giants inconsisten play.
    If nedia coverage is goign affect a teams play then there is something really wrong....
    This. The media hype is for the fans, not the players.

Yeah, because its never ever used as bulletin board material?

Ravens & Eagles will both be happy to see us. They know we are the remedy for what ails them.

Seriously folks, we just need to beat these 2 teams & we should at the very least lock up the 6th seed. We lose either game, goodby playoffs.

Veteran
    I had a feeling that the giants would come out flat today, and I hate it when i'm right. I still think the Falcons suck.

Quote Originally Posted by BJacobs aka The Problem View Post
    Yeah, because its never ever used as bulletin board material?
    no its is....but the media didnt create the buzz to make sure the Falcons won.
    The Giants played like crap and it wasnt because of an article in the paper
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I had a feeling that the giants would come out flat today, and I hate it when i'm right. I still think the Falcons suck.
    SO ITS YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Ravens & Eagles will both be happy to see us. They know we are the remedy for what ails them.

Seriously folks, we just need to beat these 2 teams & we should at the very least lock up the 6th seed. We lose either game, goodby playoffs.
    We just said good bye to the playoffs today. You just do not want to accept it. mathematically we are still alive, but in reality, with this coaching staff, we will lay an egg for the last 2 games. The typical 2nd half Coughlin collapse.