+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Do we deserve to make it into the playoffs right now?

It looks like the players rather be somewhere else. Everybody guns after us because we are defending Superbowl champs and the NY Giants players look like they couldn't care less. It's like, "Here, you guys can win this game, we don't really care." Another thing about I loved about Lawrence Taylor was that he made sure other players gave 100% or he wasgoing to give them a serious beating. Carl Banks talks about it all the time. "Let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs."

They showed no heart today. Eli looks like he could care less with his awful play. Do tuck and JPP still play or are did they get traded? Answer: No

Veteran
    Yes. Tied for first in the division 15 weeks into the season.

Theyre on a sinking ship...I guess these next 2 weeks will tell us what this team is made of,because today it seemed to me that they dont care and aren't hungry.

If the Giants win enough game to get in they deserve to be in.

Based on today's performance? No.

Overall this year? Sure, why not. They're as good or bad as anyone else so if they play well enough to get in over the next two, they deserve it.

We looked that way last season in the same week as this vs Washington. Didn't lose as bad as today, but we were never in that skins game. We were demolished by the Saints last year. Demolished by Vikings in 07 late in year and also lost a game to skins again in same week that year as we did in 11 and by same score. In both those years our secondary and other areas were injury ravaged. My question to you is, did we look like we deserved to go to the playoffs after those losses in those two SB seasons?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Hell yeah! We beat tough teams like the niners and packers and we lost close games against the eagles and the redskins. We definitely deserve to be in the playoffs because we're better than our record!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Based on today's performance? No.

Overall this year? Sure, why not. They're as good or bad as anyone else so if they play well enough to get in over the next two, they deserve it.
    Yeah. Brutal schedule and a ton of injuries and
    tied for first in the toughest division in the NFL.

How do they not deserve it?

In a word....NO!
    Don't worry, it wont be an issue by the end of the season because we won't make it anyway, so all the playoff speculation will be over for good and we can
    stop wondering if or whether.
    The only chance the Giants had was staying a game ahead of both teams, but now that the redskins caught up, they have the better division record and they will have RG3 back for the final 2 games which are both winnable for them.
    Its over....the Giants went down like a bunch of gutless wonders who look more than satisfied with resting on their laurels of 2 SB wins in 5 years. They really do look like a team who never wanted the division and could care less about defending their championship.