+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Misery Sure Loves Company

    The once great Pittsburgh Defense sucks now too!
    If they let the g'damned cowgirls win i'm done with the 2012 season!!!
    I hate Days of football like this....i can't eat, I can't sleep and I my anger just won't subside.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    2,660
    Ditto. I'm not done with the season but ditto to the rest of your statement.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,023
    I just ate me a big plate of spaghetti. There are bigger things in the world to worry about. After a week that the state of Connecticut had, I will probably never let a football team stress me out like that again.

  4. #4
    Administrator Die-Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,764
    When it gets to that point, turn off the TV and go hang out with the family/friends. Football doesn't mean squat when you consider the tragedies that happen in the world every day. Just need to get a little perspective, my man.

  5. #5
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,974
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I just ate me a big plate of spaghetti. There are bigger things in the world to worry about. After a week that the state of Connecticut had, I will probably never let a football team stress me out like that again.
    makes sense. But I totally separate football from "real life". Dont get me wrong I get very pissed and angry but the what goes on in this world for real is at times unfathomable. Thats why sports can be a good distraction. Like a mental health break. I dont mean that for those directly involved in the tragedy because their whole world has just come crashing down but for the rest of the population.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    When it gets to that point, turn off the TV and go hang out with the family/friends. Football doesn't mean squat when you consider the tragedies that happen in the world every day. Just need to get a little perspective, my man.
    My feelings exactly! I can see if playing for the Giants was your career but we're just spectators. Even the players have lives outside of the game. Instead of constantly worrying about what's wrong with the Giants, we need to learn how to be better human beings and worry about what's wrong with the world and what we can do to change it. With that said, I'm off of this... time to go spend time with the fam. My football day is over.

  7. #7
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,974
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    My feelings exactly! I can see if playing for the Giants was your career but we're just spectators. Even the players have lives outside of the game. Instead of constantly worrying about what's wrong with the Giants, we need to learn how to be better human beings and worry about what's wrong with the world and what we can do to change it. With that said, I'm off of this... time to go spend time with the fam. My football day is over.
    have a great night with your family.....you said some righteous things...all good....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,377
    58 Remember the good old days, Good bye Allie. Bad loss but not that bad

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,023
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    makes sense. But I totally separate football from "real life". Dont get me wrong I get very pissed and angry but the what goes on in this world for real is at times unfathomable. Thats why sports can be a good distraction. Like a mental health break. I dont mean that for those directly involved in the tragedy because their whole world has just come crashing down but for the rest of the population.
    I know what you mean... sports and entertainment in general are here to take our minds off of the harsh realities of life. Lately meaning in the last 12 years we have seen our fair share of tragic events and I think the only way this world can change for the better, we gotta change our thinking habits. We gotta stop alienating people and be more kind to each other.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,023
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    have a great night with your family.....you said some righteous things...all good....
    Later man, I'm gone for sure this time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts