+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

If Giants lose 1 game..

Can they even still have a chance getting in? I was messing around with NFL playoff Machine and can't come up with any situation where the giants can lose one of the 2 reaming games and still make it.

Every team ahead of us will most likely win their games due to our luck this year, so I don't see how we make the wild card even if we win both games? Okay NM I get it now, the cowboys or redksins will lose at the end and we're going to make it in if we win the last 2 games.
    Last edited by BMW; 12-16-2012 at 08:28 PM.

lose 1 and over because redskins have a better div record .
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Lets call in a mercy killing. Folks the Giants choke up the important games -- and the teams we need help from are teams of destiny, winning with a backup qb and winning in overtime. We had the magic in '07 and last year. This year is not our turn.

“Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    Every team ahead of us will most likely win their games due to our luck this year, so I don't see how we make the wild card even if we win both games?
    If we win the last two games we get the wild card. Case closed. We control our own destiny for the wild card.

WE CAN ALSO GET THE TOP WILDCARD SEED BY FINISHING TIED WITH SEATTLE. (THEY PLAY THE NINERS NEXT). WE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CONF RECORD IF WE WIN OUT AND THEY LOSE ONCE. WE CAN ALSO LOSE ONCE AND STILL GET IN. BUT I'M DONE PREDICTING WHAT THIS TEAM WILL DO. WASN'T SURE THEY'D WIN TODAY. BUT WAS CERTAIN THEY'D AT LEAST SHOW UP. NEITHER HAPPENED.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    lose 1 and over because redskins have a better div record .
    If the Giants lose next week they're still in if the Redskins and Cowboys both lose. They would need to win their last game and have both those teams lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    If the Giants lose next week they're still in if the Redskins and Cowboys both lose. They would need to win their last game and have both those teams lose again.
    But, the Cowboys and Redskins play each other in one of those games, so I don't think that's possible. You'd have to be rooting for a tie in that game.

Sad, that we are in the same situation as the Jets & even more incredible that the Jets might be the team that makes the playoffs & not us!

Must be nice to have Az, Jags, Tenn & Buffalo as your last 4 teams in Dec, while we get NO, Atl, Balt & our # 1 tormentor, Philly to finish the season.