+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

3 Shotgun draws in a row...

First one gets 6 yards... ok...
    Second one gets 2 yards... ok...
    Third one dropped for a loss...

Literally the same play 3 times in a row...

At what point can people not see how PREDICTABLE our offense is...

LET ELI RUN A NO HUDDLE PLEASE!

I still can't believe that.....If you asked a local elementary school football coach if that's a good idea he'd think you're drunk. I can ask a little 6 year old girl and she'd think that's stupid. How this just occurred in the NFL is beyond me....and I'm not even a Gilbride hater.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Bench Player
    Maybe we were trying to rock them to sleep

Bench Player

I am a firm believer that when we are struggling like this... we should run the no huddle and get the offense in a rhythm...

Quote Originally Posted by NYGBandit View Post
    First one gets 6 yards... ok...
    Second one gets 2 yards... ok...
    Third one dropped for a loss...

Literally the same play 3 times in a row...

At what point can people not see how PREDICTABLE our offense is...

LET ELI RUN A NO HUDDLE PLEASE!
    At what point? Sept 2012!
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

Veteran
    In front of flat screen watching 3 & outs!
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGBandit View Post
    I am a firm believer that when we are struggling like this... we should run the no huddle and get the offense in a rhythm...
    Exactly.

This was like the momentum killer. We were driving the ball down the field so well too. Dumb plays. Lumpkin was doing a fine job and they kept calling the draws like it was going to keep on working...

Noooo....it was execution! That play has worked WONDERS in the past....when Ward ran it.....The shotgun draw was a nuisance last year and is even worse this year. There is absolutely zero reason I should correctly call when we are running it 75%+. What's worse is Gilbride thinks he's a genius and goes ahead and spews off about it in the media (ie, he's not gonna change because in his mind "why should I? I'm the on e who's great...). Shotgun draw...we don't even freaking run playaction off it which tells me The Stach doesn't even think people are keying on it and/or we aren't using it that much.

Bench Player

even when we did it with ward it wasnt amazing... the problem with the shotgun draw is prototypical problem with our game....

it goes for 12 yards then a loss of 1 then a gain of 2.... so on the stat sheet it looks like the play averages 4.3 yards...

But really... it seldomly works... we need things that work consistently... option routes from the slot nearside tight end to overload a zone... screen passes and swing passes....

there are a million questions that you just kind of drop your jaw about and wonder... am i really smarter than they are or do they really know something we dont...

Stubbornness and narcissism blinds people