+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Look at all the weapons Brady has versus Eli...

Welker. - effective and involved
    Edlemann - effective and involved
    Hernandez - effective and involved
    Gronk - effective and involved
    Lloyd - effective and involved
    Ridley - effective and involved
    Vereen - has made contributions
    Stall worth - made a few key contributions at a key time due to injuries
    Branch- same as above
    Bolden - until injured mtpl 100 yard games

What does Eli have?
    Hakeem - (Injured all year) - 50%
    Cruz- effective and involved
    Bennett - effective and involved but played injured for 5 weeks
    Bradshaw (injured all year) - amazing considering health
    Brown - good while it lasted
    Wilson - ineffective, not involved other then sp
    Hixon - somewhat effective and involved - more now
    Randle - limited involvement
    Barden - limited involvement
    Pascoe - limited involvement
    Jernigan - limited involvement

When we lose a key player we get Lumpkin. When the Pats lose a key player they get a talib, a key d- backfield replacement who makes a major impact. They sign players like Deon Branch, Lloyd and stallworth. They pick up Ballard and Shiancoe. They have a strong o-line bench. They bring in experienced back ups to fill in and it's plug and play.

Losing Manningham and, as it turns out, Jacobs was huge. We don't have proper bench depth and Eli does not have the weapons he needs to succeed. We should have a good WR who could have filled in successfully for Hakeem so he could have rested and come back late in the season versus playing hurt all year. We should have had a serviceable TE so Bennett did not have to play with a busted knee and disappeared in our O for 4 to 5 weeks.
    Last edited by PennState1; 12-17-2012 at 01:06 AM.

most people dont want to take in the context of elis play. its "he isnt doing what brady does, hes not elite", not only does brady have that talent around him, he has an OL that actually gives him clean pockets snap after snap...id **** my pants if i saw eli getting that kind of pocket...

yeah, eli was running for his life today. how many throws did he make on the RauN today... i never seen Eli run so fast. yeah he threw into tight coverage, but the receivers should have fought for the ball rather than sitting n waiting for it to come hit them in the chest. then after the interception rather than making a tackle, they were putting their hands up n hoping for a PI call... which never came.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrek537emc View Post
    yeah, eli was running for his life today. how many throws did he make on the RauN today... i never seen Eli run so fast. yeah he threw into tight coverage, but the receivers should have fought for the ball rather than sitting n waiting for it to come hit them in the chest. then after the interception rather than making a tackle, they were putting their hands up n hoping for a PI call... which never came.
    He obviously wasn't running fast enough.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Do you really think Brady's team talent is that much better? I sure don't think so. The difference is all about the game planning. A second string quarterback that never started in college or the pros led them to 12 wins. We don't have the O line for Eli to throw deep. But we keep trying. Let's face it,we just have a weak team this year. They game plan to take advantage of what talents they do have. No matter who is in the game for us, no matter who is hurt we run the same game plan. We just don't have the talent to make up for for poor game plans.
    Last edited by GiantRoc; 12-17-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Brady makes those weapons work.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Do you really think Brady's team talent is that much better? I sure don't think so. The difference is all about the game planning. A second string quarterback that never started in college or the pros led them to 12 wins. We don't have the O line for Eli to throw deep. But we keep trying. Let's face it,we just have a weak team this year. They game plan to take advantage of what talents they do have. No matter who is in the game for us, no matter who is hurt we run the same game plan. We just don't have the talent to make up for for poor game plans.
    yes i def think they have superior talent and its not even close. hernadez, gronk? thats amazing right there. then welker on top? they know how to use their role players too like woodhead. dont forget, brandon lloyd has the best hands in the nfl imo...they def are stacked talent wise. their OL too...man...smh

I think he has more options open to him ( Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, Edlemann, Ridley) than Eli does and we play with a #1 WR who limped throughout this entire season and only 1 TE who limped around for 5 games. Other the Cruz what does Eli really have this year? Where is the next man up behind Hakeem? Where is our 2nd TE? Pascoe has been a ghost this year.

Veteran
    Brady has a history of winning with a terrible supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by wrek537emc View Post
    A competent offensive coordinator makes adjustments.

It's amazing every OC the Giants defense plays against have somehow mastered the short passing game to neutralize the Giants pass rush.....but our OC can't make such an adjustment.

If you thought this was another "Gilbride sucks" post from me, you are correct.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell