+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eli Manning Again Threw An Early Interception - This Time, Giants Couldn't Recover

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ew_an_ear.html

Excerpt: "Eli Manning wanted consistency from his offense, and today at the Georgia Dome, he got it.

For the second straight week, he threw a brutal interception in the first quarter — this time, on the very first play.

It didn’t get much better, and unlike a week ago against the Saints, the Giants did not recover. Manning had started 134 regular-season games as a quarterback without the Giants getting shut out.

Well, there’s a first for everything.

“You want to go out there and play well, knowing how important that game was,” Manning said after this 34-0 loss to the Falcons. “You want to have your best performance and score points and when you don’t do that, when you know you had chances and you didn’t capitalize and they made plays, it’s tough.”

Tough is an understatement. Manning completed just 13 of 25 passes for 161 yards with two interceptions.

That added up to a passer rating of 38.9, his lowest of the season.

The performance seemed more troubling because the Giants thought they had broken out of a midseason slump.

Manning had four touchdown passes in a 52-27 victory against the Saints last week, but it was clear from the start that it would be a struggle against a stout Atlanta defense." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

It might help some if the Giants had a few short dump off pass plays in their repertoire. Every time Eli drops back they are looking for an intermediate or long pass or what we now have to cal the most dangerous pass Eli throws, the slant. Didn't see any screens to backs, swing passes, passes to the flat. It's like they tore those pages right out of the playbook. When you have trouble running the ball, there are other ways to get the backs involved.

Other teams burn the crap out of our defense with these type of short passes to the backs. Why can't we return the favor?

I saw a pass in the flat to wilson, that was incomplete because wilson didn't turn around.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Wilson got flattened trying to pick up the blitz and rushed Eli's throw (at least that's what I saw)

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I saw a pass in the flat to wilson, that was incomplete because wilson didn't turn around.
    I think it was because he felt pressure coming from the right side almost immediately. Guess whose man that was?

We can't even throw dumpoffs because of this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    I think it was because he felt pressure coming from the right side almost immediately. Guess whose man that was?

We can't even throw dumpoffs because of this guy.
    True enough.... I wasn't trying to blame Wilson for that, it was just a completely blown up play due to aforementioned guy that I know who it is...smh

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    we could sure use a Tiki catching out of the back field.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    we could sure use a Tiki catching out of the back field.
    nah..he's too busy look at himself in the mirror and setting up flag football games.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    The game was over when Tynes missed the chip shot field goal that would have made it 7-3. Atlanta had all the momentum and we were driving to at the very least win back some of it... the offense stalls (as usual) and Tynes missed it miserably. From that point, the rout was on and this SOFT team folded.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    nah..he's too busy look at himself in the mirror and setting up flag football games.....
    its really not fair, you guys should have set up a paypal collection for me to have a date with Tiki for xmas.