+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The New Breed of Giants fans are spoiled as hell!!!!!!!

The new breed of giants fans are spoiled. I feel like these types take winning championships for granted and act like Lombardi trophies grow on trees. People are tripping for one year of poor play? Try waiting 17 years for another title. I was here for the 21-0 shut out in t playoffs against the 85 bears. I was there for the flipper Anderson walk off td. I was there for the Vikings recovering two onside kicks back to back as we blew a playoff game. I was there for the snowball game with ray handley as the head coach. I was there when we blew that big lead against the 49ers in that wildcard game. I was also there for the 44-3 beatdown that we took in the divisional round of the playoffs against San Francisco in the 1993 playoffs. The point is that teams go through hard times and we will again suck and be cellar dwellers one day. Probably as soon as next year. Anyways, appreciate being even close to contending every year because this **** wont last forever. IMO, the new breed of fans haven't really experienced real turmoil yet and I actually question if they will be around once things go really south.
    Close or you hit the bricks

We are spoiled. We're all going to die this Friday. OH NO!

Huh? We came out of the Super Bowl talking about dynasty and Eli hitting his prime and being elite. I am not throwing the towel yet, but it would be FAILURE if we miss the playoffs!

Let me rephrase that -- it will be a FAILURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS if Giants don't make the playoffs...and that's not being spoiled, that's just having fair expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Huh? We came out of the Super Bowl talking about dynasty and Eli hitting his prime and being elite. I am not throwing the towel yet, but it would be FAILURE if we miss the playoffs!
    Well my response to that is get used to it. That's just the make up of this current giants team.

Who cares? Everyone should be enjoying this era regardless of age. Just because some haven't gone through as much heartbreak with this team doesn't make them any less of a fan; it just makes them young. Stop thumping your chest because you were born earlier than others.

Failure similar to 2009 (Sheridan Fiasco) or 2010 (Matt Dodge Punt Fiasco) seasons.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

When you have Dave Brown, failure is understandable. But we don't have Dave Brown right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Well my response to that is get used to it. That's just the make up of this current giants team.
    We can't possibly be talking about winning the Super Bowl a season ago and rebuilding a year after? That's just crazy.

Let me rephrase that -- it will be a FAILURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS if Giants don't make the playoffs...and that's not being spoiled, that's just having fair expectations.
    If we don't make the playoffs, well we just don't make the playoffs. We got our lombardi last year. I'm good to go for a long time buddy