+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: ROMO quote

  1. #21
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I sorta agree. We've seen the Cowboys succeed before to fall flat on their faces many times. The latest being in 2009 when the Vikings wiped the floor with us.

    But the difference between that Cowboys team and this Cowboys team is how they're winning. The Cowboys aren't even close to being perfect, but they're fighting their butts off. This team should be losing for sure, but we're getting uncanny bounces that we haven't seen in a long time, plays made at the right times (Marcus Spears got a freaking sack yesterday!).

    We've lost Lee. We've lost Carter. We've even lost their best back up for probably a few weeks with Ernie Sims going out early against the Steelers, and yet guys just seemingly keep stepping up to fill the void. This team is just playing with the heart we haven't seen from them in a long time.

    It's like you put it in another post in this thread, although I'm fairly certain you didn't mean it in the same way... it's magic.

    Do I think they'll go on and make a run? Not really. But I can't be mad about that. This team is ill equipped to win against tougher competitors. It's not impossible, but it's improbable for sure.
    I guess we'll have to see then. They have a lot to prove to everybody after winning only one playoff game in 20 years.

    Like I said: show me, Romo. And I'll believe it.

  2. #22
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I guess we'll have to see then. They have a lot to prove to everybody after winning only one playoff game in 20 years.

    Like I said: show me, Romo. And I'll believe it.
    15 years, but still horrible.

    Yeah we'll have to see. I don't think it's Romo that needs to show anything. He is what he is, but he has been good enough in big games the last few years. It just doesn't seem that way since they haven't 'won it all'. The team hasn't been good enough, and I don't think they're good enough now all things considered. But I'm alright with that. As I said before the season, I think this team is about a year away (also hoping they have better luck with injuries next year).

  3. #23
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    15 years, but still horrible.

    Yeah we'll have to see. I don't think it's Romo that needs to show anything. He is what he is, but he has been good enough in big games the last few years. It just doesn't seem that way since they haven't 'won it all'. The team hasn't been good enough, and I don't think they're good enough now all things considered. But I'm alright with that. As I said before the season, I think this team is about a year away (also hoping they have better luck with injuries next year).
    Speaking as a Giant fan Dallas really seems to have it all falling in place right now. Never ever thought it was Romos fault. Like it or not the kid is good. Most elusive qb i have ever seen for a pocket passer. Dont get me wrong I hate the cowboys lol
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  4. #24
    Last yr, at this juncture, we were 7-7, written off for dead. Now at 8-6 with a share of 1st place, all I hear is how great Dallas & the Skins are. All I know is there's 2 games left & if we win them both we're in! NFCE champ or WC, don't matter, deep down, every NFC team is praying we don't make it! They know full well that regular season W-L records & seedings don't mean s&^* to the Giants! Once the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0!

  5. #25
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Last yr, at this juncture, we were 7-7, written off for dead. Now at 8-6 with a share of 1st place, all I hear is how great Dallas & the Skins are. All I know is there's 2 games left & if we win them both we're in! NFCE champ or WC, don't matter, deep down, every NFC team is praying we don't make it! They know full well that regular season W-L records & seedings don't mean s&^* to the Giants! Once the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0!
    I agree with you.. If they can get up from that beating they took and bounce back and make another run it would be unreal
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  6. #26
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,221
    But on the Dallas subject. Very very impressive the way they are closing out and finishing games. Turning losses into wins. Those were games they would of lost last year and year before.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  7. #27
    Can't argue with you on that. Though a small part of me is secretly hopeing for another Giants/Cowboys playoff game. Hopefully at Met life II!

  8. #28
    Veteran JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,906
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    so whats you're point?

    Romo has been playing some damn good football lately. i am finally seeing some confidence and fight within the team so nothing wrong with him saying that.....if he even said that. can't tell if you're fishing here or not lol..
    His best year, and his team's, was in '07 when we went in and embarrassed your # 1 seeded team in your own stadium. For a team that is playing with such confidence and has such a winning QB, you'd think that they'd have a playoff seed wrapped up.

    'Boys fans are as bad as Jets fans -- please accomplish something before boasting. And at least the Jets went to 2 AFC championship games in a row in recent history.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    His best year, and his team's, was in '07 when we went in and embarrassed your # 1 seeded team in your own stadium. For a team that is playing with such confidence and has such a winning QB, you'd think that they'd have a playoff seed wrapped up.

    'Boys fans are as bad as Jets fans -- please accomplish something before boasting. And at least the Jets went to 2 AFC championship games in a row in recent history.
    lol, well at least consistency will continue for the lil g's historically. they consistently fail to make the playoffs after winning a title. and sorry charlie you're wrong, this is Romo's best yr.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    lol, well at least consistency will continue for the lil g's historically. they consistently fail to make the playoffs after winning a title. and sorry charlie you're wrong, this is Romo's best yr.
    They were the #1 seed in 2008

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts