+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Defense wins Championships !

But the giants don't have one at the moment. (is there a possibility the giants get it together on week 15 ? who knows)

Seriously I am so disappointed with this Defense. Fewel in my mind is Garbage and have been saying so all this time but its not all on him.

DT's - a lot of rushing yards up the middle, not to mention on the edges too

DE - Terrible sorry even JPP isnt cutting it these days 6.5 sacks ? man the worst player on the bengals line has more than any giants player. Tuck - garbage - even the announcer made a crack at the 1 tackle. he is playing like a little girl. TE;s toss him a side ?

LBers - Chase only guy that has done anything. I like J Williams but he just got back. Boley is having an off year (still like him thou). We desperately need some new blood and talent here. Kiwi man ?????

DB's I like Prince a lot and the crew has taken the ball away which is awesome but cant cover ?. How many big plays given up ? I kept hearing how Atl players cant beat press coverage yet our dbs are 10 yards off of them ?? was this intended this reverse psychology or our DC call the opposite type defense ?

I agree Fewell sucks and needs to go. BUT...

The Giants offense is just hanging them out to dry. They don't stay on the field and consistenly give up good field position. I really don't blame the defense against the Falcons. Eli spotted them 10 quick points. The only real defensive lapse against the Falcons was the opening drive to start the second half. That was disheartening.

Veteran
    What about Ryan not being touched all game. He must have been laughing at our Dline after the game.

If all of the defensive players are playing poorly as you say, how can you blame the DC?

Veteran
    Would spags do better then Fewel with this bunch ?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Would spags do better then Fewel with this bunch ?
    Spags would have called blitzes instead of playing 6 man zone coverage and a 4 man rush he knew wasn't getting to Ryan at all.

We have speed with J-Will. Antrelle Rolle is a good safety blitzer. Hosley showed his ability to blitz againt the Eagles in week 3. Where did all of these calls go.

Dominant defenses force the offense to read and react, ours chooses to read and react to offense instead.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Spags would have called blitzes instead of playing 6 man zone coverage and a 4 man rush he knew wasn't getting to Ryan at all.

We have speed with J-Will. Antrelle Rolle is a good safety blitzer. Hosley showed his ability to blitz againt the Eagles in week 3. Where did all of these calls go.

Dominant defenses force the offense to read and react, ours chooses to read and react to offense instead.
    Spags would have called blitzes in a game where half of our starting secondary was out? I think not.

People that don't know much about football that the answer to every defensive problem is to blitz more. It is not.

All-Pro
    This team goes as Eli goes. When he is off, which he has been, the team struggles. Before the last game the defense was the 8th lowest scored upon.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    What about Ryan not being touched all game. He must have been laughing at our Dline after the game.
    Canty did sack him once..but that's the thing: once.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!