+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: very quiet in here

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Good thing your screen name is sarcasm man, because otherwise I would've thought your post was serious.

If you think him laboring around at half speed is "full speed", you're outside your mind. Go back and watch him run around JPP 5 or 6 times and see what his normal speed is.
    To what injury are you referring?

If he was not close to 100% he wouldn't be playing; there'd be no reason. He's either close to 100% or Cousins would be playing.

What have I said that is classless? Nothing.

Sure, I've pointed out the giants missed the playoffs and fans are taking their anger out on a team calling them Gimmicky, yet they couldn't beat them when they needed to, nor could they stop this so-called "gimmicky" offense.

So now, this fan base has gone down the road of hoping for injuries of another teams players. Classy classy classy.
    Speak for yourself or address individuals directly. Otherwise you are to be dismissed as a clown.

The Redskins won the division because they deserved to win the division. Anyone who says differently has their own agenda.

Conversations about the long term viability of the current Redskins offense are a completely separate discussion. But try to be realistic about it. The Redskins offense was hardly unstoppable this year. Your post implies that it was. Do you really believe that?

Elway also could run. Combine the fact that both Elway and Young can run, and both were coached by Shanahan, and you have an idea where things may be going.

The NFL changes, and 90% of the teams stick with the status quo for a few years. I'm not saying every team in the NFL will be running Pistol Read Option offenses, but it hasn't been stopped yet, and I haven't seen a single Defensive coach stop it yet, or even explain how to stop it.

Everyone simply says "Hit the QB as often as possible". Well then, in hoping to knock that QB out, if you don't, chances are you're losing. I'd also like to point out the Redskins won games while not just using the Read Option.
    I agree with paragraph 1.

Paragraphs 2 & 3 sound like they were written by a different poster. And that different guy is a brainless homer.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Elway is a much bigger guy and he was a pocket passer first. He did not run the option. As for the pistol, heard the same thing about the wildcat. RG3 may be the exception but he has already missed time with injuries. Those injuries add up. If he wants a long career he better hope Shannahan cuts back on his running next year.
    Much Bigger...

Elway, 6' 3", and 220 lbs
    RG3, 6' 2", and 217 lbs

How exactly does that equate to a "Much bigger" guy. Hes almost the same exact size as RG3. The fact is that everyone thinks RG3 is Vick, they automatically consider them the same size. Not even close.

A few more stats, Elway had 774 rushes in his career (43 Rush TDs). That is quite a few. Steve Young had 722 (33 Rush TDs), also quite a few. They weren't simply pocket passers like you think they were. Both extended plays with their feet often.

Who told you the Wildcat was an every down system? The Read Option is at least 2, and often a 3 down system that works, its shown it on the field. The Wildcat was nifty, and is still used once and a while by teams but its a completely different animal.

The Read Option (especially in Pistol) keeps the QB as the QB, and lets him choose what he wants to do. Something that requires a specific skill set to accomplish well. The Wildcat can be run by some QBs, but is often run by WR/RBs like Brad Smith.

Simply because something is new to the NFL, or re-establishing itself does not mean it is automatically going to be solved in a year. Defenses sure hope so, but its not so simple. If it is, explain how a defense is going to do it? Hitting the QB isn't going to work. You have to have a plan to stop the plays, not a single player.
    Last edited by Kerrigan91; 12-31-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Speak for yourself or address individuals directly. Otherwise you are to be dismissed as a clown.

The Redskins won the division because they deserved to win the division. Anyone who says differently has their own agenda.

Conversations about the long term viability of the current Redskins offense are a completely separate discussion. But try to be realistic about it. The Redskins offense was hardly unstoppable this year. Your post implies that it was. Do you really believe that?
    Not once did I say it was unstoppable, but throughout the entire season, it has been very good. How many games did the Redskins lose because of offensive woes? I'd say arguably 2:

Carolina - worst game of the year on offense
    Pittsburgh - 11 Drops by WRs

The rest of the games the Redskins have lost, shouldn't fall on their Offenses shoulders at all. The entire first half of the season the Redskins Defense was giving up ~500 yards per game. They've sorta stopped the bleeding now, but to consider their offense anything other than the solution this year is being dishonest.

Statistics:
    5th in YPG
    1st in Rush YPG
    4th in Points Per Game
    1st in Turnovers (14 total all year)

So the Offense is in the Top 5 in almost every statistical category, explain how that is not a top offense in the league? If you're going to disagree, you're being a brainless homer, are you not?

So in comparison to the rest of the league, I would say they're at least "hard to stop", and you seem to think otherwise. Prove it to me, we don't want to keep throwing around this brainless homer **** do we, because right now the stats are surely not saying they're pedestrian as an offense.
    Last edited by Kerrigan91; 12-31-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Not once did I say it was unstoppable, but throughout the entire season, it has been very good. How many games did the Redskins lose because of offensive woes? I'd say arguably 2:

Carolina - worst game of the year on offense
    Pittsburgh - 11 Drops by WRs

The rest of the games the Redskins have lost, shouldn't fall on their Offenses shoulders at all. The entire first half of the season the Redskins Defense was giving up ~500 yards per game. They've sorta stopped the bleeding now, but to consider their offense anything other than the solution this year is being dishonest.

Statistics:
    5th in YPG
    1st in Rush YPG
    4th in Points Per Game
    1st in Turnovers (14 total all year)

So the Offense is in the Top 5 in almost every statistical category, explain how that is not a top offense in the league? If you're going to disagree, you're being a brainless homer, are you not?

So in comparison to the rest of the league, I would say they're at least "hard to stop", and you seem to think otherwise. Prove it to me, we don't want to keep throwing around this brainless homer **** do we, because right now the stats are surely not saying they're pedestrian as an offense.

My bad. I misunderstood the meaning of "but it hasn't been stopped yet, and I haven't seen a single Defensive coach stop it yet, or even explain how to stop it." As I said, based on those words, I inferred unstoppable. And I never stated that, I said "your post implies it".

Certainly you could have said very good rather than hasn't been stopped, never seen a DC stop it or even explain how to stop it, if very good is actually what you meant. And thanks for the offer, but you don't need to put any words in my mouth, I can type just fine. I never called them pedestrian, in fact other than reacting to the inference, I didn't characterize their offense at all. Until now.

I think the Skins are good (for the reasons I have detailed in other threads) I think Griffin is very good and I think their offense is very good.
    We've addressed the miscommunication around the phrase unstoppable. I still think the phrases like "hasn't been stopped yet" "haven't seen a single Defensive coach stop it yet or even explain how to stop it" could lead one to believe that unstoppable might be a shorter way of saying the same thing but if you are stating that's absolutely not the case and was never your intent, OK.

I do not disagree with your assessment of top 5, that's a very good offense. Much like the Patriots, Lions, Saints, Giants, Broncos and Packers, a very good offense.

As far what games should be blamed on the offense vs. the defense, I do not care. That's for the Redskins board to argue over.

Y'all giants fans are so bitter. Why are you guys still posting on these boards? Your season is over, turn your attention to the Knicks and Nets. But if you can't get enough of football I believe there is game Sunday at 4:30pm that you all can watch. "They're still a couple pieces away from actually being a contender, them being in legitimate talks for playoffs and things like that" - Victor Cruz Week 12

Veteran
    lol.. first time you've been relevant in about a decade and you come here talking ****? win it all and then come back and talk.. geez..

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsNFCEchamps View Post
    Y'all giants fans are so bitter. Why are you guys still posting on these boards? Your season is over, turn your attention to the Knicks and Nets. But if you can't get enough of football I believe there is game Sunday at 4:30pm that you all can watch. "They're still a couple pieces away from actually being a contender, them being in legitimate talks for playoffs and things like that" - Victor Cruz Week 12
    You guys still are pieces away for being Super Bowl contenders... Us choking and you guys taking advantage of it doesn't change that

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsNFCEchamps View Post
    Thanks for creating a u/n just to post on an opposing team's message board. Nothing needy about that....

If you read and thought before posting you'd see that plenty of Giants fans have clearly stated the Redskins deserved to win the division and have given them props for doing so. Try to rise to that level instead of stooping the other way.

Unless of course that's where you belong. I'll guess time will tell us that.

+ Reply to Thread