+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: very quiet in here

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Your gimmick offense will be shut down next year and RG3 will need to prove he can be a full time pocket passer. If he continues to run and not protect his body he will end up in a long line of running QB's without a SB ring. Your team has been an embarassment for so long that I can't blame you for being so excited. The Giants on the other hand are a model organization that will re-tool and be right back in the playoff run next year.
    Last I checked Steve Young had a Ring, did he not?

Keep wishing he doesn't make it, because that seems that is all this fanbase is doing right now. For all the **** the Giants fans talk about every other teams fans being classless, you guys sure are fun to talk to and love excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post

Keep wishing he doesn't make it, because that seems that is all this fanbase is doing right now. For all the **** the Giants fans talk about every other teams fans being classless, you guys sure are fun to talk to and love excuses.
    Only classless person right now is YOU.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Only classless person right now is YOU.
    What have I said that is classless? Nothing.

Sure, I've pointed out the giants missed the playoffs and fans are taking their anger out on a team calling them Gimmicky, yet they couldn't beat them when they needed to, nor could they stop this so-called "gimmicky" offense.

So now, this fan base has gone down the road of hoping for injuries of another teams players. Classy classy classy.

Sure, I've pointed out the giants missed the playoffs and fans are taking their anger out on a team calling them Gimmicky, yet they couldn't beat them when they needed to, nor could they stop this so-called "gimmicky" offense.

So now, this fan base has gone down the road of hoping for injuries of another teams players. Classy classy classy.
    We aren't really lying when we call an offense gimmicky. Are you that offended by that? Maybe you're being insecure when we call the offense gimmicky and you're getting all pissy?

And no one is wishing injury on RG3. You're just making it up. We're saying he'll get injured if he keeps playing the way he does, which is true. Look at Vick. He really hasn't been that healthy playing the way he is.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    We aren't really lying when we call an offense gimmicky. Are you that offended by that? Maybe you're being insecure when we call the offense gimmicky and you're getting all pissy?
    West Coast offense was a "gimmick" by the rest of the league until they realized it was a real thing.

Look at the teams running the Read Option, and where they are. Washington, Seattle, San Fran.

All THREE of them are in the Playoffs. A Gimmick is a cheap trick, if this was cheap, or a trick and not an actual football gameplan that works, and works well, 3 teams wouldn't be in the playoffs using it.

Wow you can name one QB. Do you know how many SB's there have been? I heard this same stuff about Cunningham, McNab, Vick... The NFL defenses are too big and fast for a small QB to run around and take hits consistently. Pocket QB's win SB's. And I will root against him as I do against the Cowboys and Eagles.

West Coast offense was a "gimmick" by the rest of the league until they realized it was a real thing.

Look at the teams running the Read Option, and where they are. Washington, Seattle, San Fran.

All THREE of them are in the Playoffs. A Gimmick is a cheap trick, if this was cheap, or a trick and not an actual football gameplan that works, and works well, 3 teams wouldn't be in the playoffs using it.
    Soon, it will be gone. All of those 3 teams won't make it to the SB, coincidentally.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Wow you can name one QB. Do you know how many SB's there have been? I heard this same stuff about Cunningham, McNab, Vick... The NFL defenses are too big and fast for a small QB to run around and take hits consistently. Pocket QB's win SB's. And I will root against him as I do against the Cowboys and Eagles.
    You named 3 Philly QBs.

Elway also could run. Combine the fact that both Elway and Young can run, and both were coached by Shanahan, and you have an idea where things may be going.

The NFL changes, and 90% of the teams stick with the status quo for a few years. I'm not saying every team in the NFL will be running Pistol Read Option offenses, but it hasn't been stopped yet, and I haven't seen a single Defensive coach stop it yet, or even explain how to stop it. Everyone simply says "Hit the QB as often as possible". Well then, in hoping to knock that QB out, if you don't, chances are you're losing. I'd also like to point out the Redskins won games while not just using the Read Option.

Everyone talks about just that package, but they are running well in every other package as well. The Zone Blocking scheme still works. That was also a "gimmick" that all defenses were going to figure out in a couple years. Problem is, its still around, and doing quite well.

Houston, Washington, Seattle, etc... all running ZBS.
    Last edited by Kerrigan91; 12-31-2012 at 02:23 PM.

You named 3 Philly QBs.

Elway also could run. Combine the fact that both Elway and Young can run, and both were coached by Shanahan, and you have an idea where things may be going.

The NFL changes, and 90% of the teams stick with the status quo for a few years. I'm not saying every team in the NFL will be running Pistol Read Option offenses, but it hasn't been stopped yet, and I haven't seen a single Defensive coach stop it yet, or even explain how to stop it. Everyone simply says "Hit the QB as often as possible". Well then, in hoping to knock that QB out, if you don't, chances are you're losing. I'd also like to point out the Redskins won games while not just using the Read Option.

Everyone talks about just that package, but they are running well in every other package as well. The Zone Blocking scheme still works. That was also a "gimmick" that all defenses were going to figure out in a couple years. Problem is, its still around, and doing quite well.

Houston, Washington, Seattle, etc... all running ZBS.
    Elway is a much bigger guy and he was a pocket passer first. He did not run the option. As for the pistol, heard the same thing about the wildcat. RG3 may be the exception but he has already missed time with injuries. Those injuries add up. If he wants a long career he better hope Shannahan cuts back on his running next year.

+ Reply to Thread