+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: very quiet in here

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Much Bigger...

Elway, 6' 3", and 220 lbs
    RG3, 6' 2", and 217 lbs

How exactly does that equate to a "Much bigger" guy. Hes almost the same exact size as RG3. The fact is that everyone thinks RG3 is Vick, they automatically consider them the same size. Not even close.

A few more stats, Elway had 774 rushes in his career (43 Rush TDs). That is quite a few. Steve Young had 722 (33 Rush TDs), also quite a few. They weren't simply pocket passers like you think they were. Both extended plays with their feet often.

Who told you the Wildcat was an every down system? The Read Option is at least 2, and often a 3 down system that works, its shown it on the field. The Wildcat was nifty, and is still used once and a while by teams but its a completely different animal.

The Read Option (especially in Pistol) keeps the QB as the QB, and lets him choose what he wants to do. Something that requires a specific skill set to accomplish well. The Wildcat can be run by some QBs, but is often run by WR/RBs like Brad Smith.

Simply because something is new to the NFL, or re-establishing itself does not mean it is automatically going to be solved in a year. Defenses sure hope so, but its not so simple. If it is, explain how a defense is going to do it? Hitting the QB isn't going to work. You have to have a plan to stop the plays, not a single player.
    In his day Elway was playing against smaller players than today. Players are much bigger and faster today. 774 rushes in a 16 year career works out to about three rushes per game. RG3 ran the ball 120 times this year. That is about 8 rushes per game. I hope he continues to run it as he wont last and the Skins will once again be a bottom feeder as they have been for the past 20 years or so.

All-Pro
    Feels good to finally have Snyder letting other people run football operations. Heres to Jerry never deciding to do the same. Cheers boys.In all honesty though, if anyone seriously told me the Redskins would win the Division at 10-6 in august, I would've called you crazy. Even at this point I consider this a success for a young redskins team. Next week is going to be a tough one, Seattle is a good overall team with talent all around. Only hope is that RG3 is back up to full speed for that one.
    good luck. Now that giants are eliminated I will pull for NFCE. That's RG3 and Redskins for playoffs
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    Not once did I say it was unstoppable, but throughout the entire season, it has been very good. How many games did the Redskins lose because of offensive woes? I'd say arguably 2:

Carolina - worst game of the year on offense
    Pittsburgh - 11 Drops by WRs

The rest of the games the Redskins have lost, shouldn't fall on their Offenses shoulders at all. The entire first half of the season the Redskins Defense was giving up ~500 yards per game. They've sorta stopped the bleeding now, but to consider their offense anything other than the solution this year is being dishonest.

Statistics:
    5th in YPG
    1st in Rush YPG
    4th in Points Per Game
    1st in Turnovers (14 total all year)

So the Offense is in the Top 5 in almost every statistical category, explain how that is not a top offense in the league? If you're going to disagree, you're being a brainless homer, are you not?

So in comparison to the rest of the league, I would say they're at least "hard to stop", and you seem to think otherwise. Prove it to me, we don't want to keep throwing around this brainless homer **** do we, because right now the stats are surely not saying they're pedestrian as an offense.
    Most teams outside of their division have WRs that drop balls against Pittsburgh Steelers because they are not used to getting hit that hard.

Washington Redskins are a much different team when Pierre Garcon is in there.

Washington Redskins do have a top offense but it is not mainly because of Roach With Braids. He is a good QB but your MVP is Alfred Morris. The offense is as good as it is because Mike Shannahan is a genius and he built it. Yes he did pick the right personnel for it and those personnel are real good. Heck, I wish Mike Shannahan was our OC.

Folks bring up John Elway and Steve Young and yes they were more than just pocket passers but it is not a good comparision to Roach With Braids because his arm is not in their category. He also doesn’t take a hit as well as those guys did.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Most teams outside of their division have WRs that drop balls against Pittsburgh Steelers because they are not used to getting hit that hard.

Washington Redskins are a much different team when Pierre Garcon is in there.

Washington Redskins do have a top offense but it is not mainly because of Roach With Braids. He is a good QB but your MVP is Alfred Morris. The offense is as good as it is because Mike Shannahan is a genius and he built it. Yes he did pick the right personnel for it and those personnel are real good. Heck, I wish Mike Shannahan was our OC.

Folks bring up John Elway and Steve Young and yes they were more than just pocket passers but it is not a good comparision to Roach With Braids because his arm is not in their category. He also doesn’t take a hit as well as those guys did.
    I agree with you about Alfred Morris, but I do think it is the Catch 22 of both Morris & RG3 together helping to make both hard to gameplan against.

I also agree Pierre is a huge difference in the team. Without him we're a bottom 10 team at WR, with him we're much better and he can catch the ball in traffic and make people miss. Losing Fred Davis for the year early also really hurt when Garcon was out.

I do disagree with RG3 not having the arm Young or Elway had. As a rookie, he has shown to me he's got more than enough arm and accuracy to make any throw they did. Will he continue to develop as they did? Who knows, but its a good start.

Banned
    I agree with you about Alfred Morris, but I do think it is the Catch 22 of both Morris & RG3 together helping to make both hard to gameplan against.

I also agree Pierre is a huge difference in the team. Without him we're a bottom 10 team at WR, with him we're much better and he can catch the ball in traffic and make people miss. Losing Fred Davis for the year early also really hurt when Garcon was out.

I do disagree with RG3 not having the arm Young or Elway had. As a rookie, he has shown to me he's got more than enough arm and accuracy to make any throw they did. Will he continue to develop as they did? Who knows, but its a good start.
    Steve Young had a great arm and the only way to describe John Elway's arm is to call it a straight up cannon. RG III does have a decent arm but it is not up there with those guys. However, a QB doesn't necessarily need a cannon to be successful.

I think that the actual way to game plan against you guys is to play the run, take away the short and middle and make him throw long and depending on the offense, make it in to a shootout if possible.

Garcon is huge. He saved 2 INTs on Thanksgiving and has saved some more this year. He was a great pick up. Imagine if he stayed with Indy and Andrew Luck had him to throw to.

Basically Mike Shannahan has done what I thought he would do when he came NFCE. He has built a good solid team centered on the run in a very QB friendly system. He has put playmakers on the team and has even gotten insurance with Cousins.

Mike Shannahan is a brilliant coach. I am rooting against you guys in playoffs but you have a good chance of going far.

+ Reply to Thread