+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: very quiet in here

Banned
    i know Romo is far more consistent right now than lil eli in all aspect of quarterbacking the game. eli's got the shakes and its showing lol

Oh and if Dallas takes it all I'd be the first to congratulate romo and the Boys.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Oh and if Dallas takes it all I'd be the first to congratulate romo and the Boys.
    lol, i am just hoping they win this week

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    i know Romo is far more consistent right now than lil eli in all aspect of quarterbacking the game. eli's got the shakes and its showing lol
    as much as I hate to say it that's true. but watch out for the Saints this week, looks like they've finally figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    i think it's tough on any defending champ to repeat. Hey like you mentioned half the time they don't even make the playoffs. You have to admit though that the 08 season the little Gs as you it were beating up everyone pretty good jumping out to 10-1 start. Then after the plax thing they only won 2 more times for the season. Finishing out 2-4 counting the opening round playoff loss to Philly. I often wonder what would of happened had he not shot himself? Could of been 3/5 years...
    Interesting thought and it could very well be true... or who knows, you guys might have kept Plaxico, never got younger at the receiving positions and dwarfed Eli's growth (he's mentioned before that the older guys were bad influences on him).

I've always credited the downfall of that season to Plaxico shooting himself, but I wonder how many teams would have beaten the Giants if they had adopted the formula of stacking the box and stopping the run even with Plaxico in there.

The eagles always played spoiler with JJ-- they did it to us and the patriots the previous year in 07, providing 'blueprints' for lack of a better word on how to slow down the offenses, and I wonder if it would have been any different for you guys in '08 regardless of whether or not plax was in.

I sure don't remember, but does anyone know if anyone tried stacking the box and committed to stopping the run before Plax shot himself?

I am glad that other teams fans are here talking smack. It's great for these boards. These cowboys and redskins fans have bragging rights at the moment. NYG is in 3rd place.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Past doesn't mean much right now, does it?

Lets just look at the teams in question.

One has an aging Offensive Line, a Defensive Line that can't seem to do anything this year despite getting paid a ton of money and being anointed amazing, and a QB who is the only thing going for them and he isn't getting any younger while the competition is.

The other hand, you have a team with a 2 Rookie QBs, a Rookie RB, and a young offensive line who's let them run all over the team above this year. Along with that young team, is a young offensive coordinator who's quietly putting together a hell of a balanced team that no one wants to talk about. Its the same guy who helped build the Texans Offense into what it is before leaving.

To be fair actually, both teams have a Rookie RB, except one had a single good game against a ****show of an opponent and was announced as a great back here, while the other has led Rookies all year in rushing despite no one talking about him. The former was the one wasted with a 1st round pick too.
    Kind of funny but our QB that “isn’t getting any younger” hasn’t missed a game all year while your rookie QB, Roach With Braids Reptile Dysfunction has missed 2 1/2 because he is a brittle biatch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    That is the only response anyone has to RG3. "Lets hope he doesn't last long". Instead, tell your ****show of a defensive line to learn to play football and not just rush the passer (like your idiot username suggests). How'd that nascar package work out against the Redskins for you a few weeks ago?

What happens, if despite everyones psychic predictions, RG3 stays a viable starter for years and years to come? Steve Young had a pretty good career, Elway too. He's much more their size and stature physically than Vick who everyone loves to compare him to at under 6' and scrawny.
    Yet Roach With Braids has already missed more starts due to being a brittle biatch than Mike Vick did his 1st season. Defenses that bring it to Roach With Braids have marginalized and nullified him.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 12-19-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    as much as I hate to say it that's true. but watch out for the Saints this week, looks like they've finally figured it out
    yeah but they said the same thing bout the giants 2 games ago when they beat up the saints . then look what happened to them the following week at atlanta

Don't want Giants to make the playoffs. Go Cowboys!

+ Reply to Thread