+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli is the best football player on this team

Lets not be short-sighted. Eli has made some incredible passes and put up alot of points this year.

But as soon as he throws a couple interceptions (on dbs who jumped the route) everyone is ready to throw him out??

Even Peyton and Brady throw picks and have bad games. This is football.

ELi is the last person I would blame for this team losing the games its lost this season. We need an O-Line and healthy recievers, period.

Who's calling for his head? Bad performances draw criticism, and Eli has had several bad performances this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
    Lets not be short-sighted. Eli has made some incredible passes and put up alot of points this year.

But as soon as he throws a couple interceptions (on dbs who jumped the route) everyone is ready to throw him out??

ELi is the last person I would blame for this team losing the games its lost this season. We need an O-Line and healthy recievers, period.

You're overreacting. No one has suggested Eli be "thrown out." When players on this team have a bad game, they are going to take their lumps here. That's what fans do.

Eli deserves to share the blame for every loss as does every other player and coach on the team.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

as good as Eli CAN be he has contributed to the losses just as much and sometimes more than others
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

That's a bold statement considering they each bring a little something different to the table. Each of them also playing different positions.
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

All-Pro

I haven't heard anyone call for his job, but he certainly earned some criticism... just like many other players on the team.

On that note however, when you compare him to Peyton and Brady... you have to expect some response when he plays as poorly as he did against ATL or Cincy. I don't recall a game, even at their worst, where Peyton, Brady or Brees ever played that bad, no TDs two INTs and less than 200 yards passing.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I don't recall a game, even at their worst, where Peyton, Brady or Brees ever played that bad, no TDs two INTs and less than 200 yards passing.
    Brees vs the Falcons a few weeks ago - 5 INTs/0TDs

Had to look these ones up:

Brady vs the Colts in 06 - 4INTs/0TDs
    Peyton vs the Chargers in 07 - 6INTs/2TDs

All-Pro
    He is the most important player on the team for sure and has been playing bad. That's why he is being brought up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post

Rodgers this year vs the Giants was one webby blown coverage away from being 0TD 1INT sub-200 yards...

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post

Now the real challenge, find 5 games in one season where they didn't throw a TD
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...