+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 84

Thread: Pick A Team ...

  1. #1

    Cool Pick A Team ...

    ... that you think is run better than the Giants (or you would like to see the Giants emulate) over the course of the past decade with respect to offense and defense and let's see if we can figure out what they're doing better.

    P.S. - I bet I can debunk most of your picks.

  2. #2
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    36,930
    THE JETS. No seriously, the Patriots. Very fast paced, dink and dunk team that has a mixture of different plays.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  3. #3
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    ... that you think is run better than the Giants (or you would like to see the Giants emulate) over the course of the past decade with respect to offense and defense and let's see if we can figure out what they're doing better.

    P.S. - I bet I can debunk most of your picks.
    of course you can debunk them since yout think you are always right.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  4. #4
    Patriots
    Niners (under harbaugh only though)
    Texans
    Steelers

    Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

  5. #5
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    ... that you think is run better than the Giants (or you would like to see the Giants emulate) over the course of the past decade with respect to offense and defense and let's see if we can figure out what they're doing better.

    P.S. - I bet I can debunk most of your picks.
    2 SBs in 10 years.....I have may get annoyed at stuff they do but they are doing somehting right so I like the Giants. Different strokes for different folks. Better for one team is not better for another.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    of course you can debunk them since yout think you are always right.....
    Well .... duh.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    THE JETS. No seriously, the Patriots. Very fast paced, dink and dunk team that has a mixture of different plays.
    I'm glad you started with the Pats because I think they happen to be the best team in the NFL, year to year over the past decade.

    The absolute key to their success ... Bill Bellichick. They've been a revolving door for players (sans Brady) and coordinators (both OC and DC) and yet they always manage to remain on top of the pile. The last time they missed the playoffs, Brady was out the whole year and they STILL went 11-5 (can you imagine missing the playoffs with 11 wins?!).

    HOWEVER, the Pats haven't always been that fast paced dink and dunk team. In fact, when they were in the epitome of their dink-and-dunk offense (2001-2006) they were winning SBs (and not being favored in doing so) and since moving away from that they've whiffed twice (although their regular season record has tended to improve over that duration). The Pats made the move away from the dink-dunk-run to a more vertical game with Randy Moss in 2007 and have spent the last two seasons flailing a bit (still making the SB mind you) trying to reorganize their offense.

    Overall, the Pats define excellence in transition by CONSTANTLY being in transition.

    Having said all that, we DID beat them twice in the biggest game the NFL has to offer

    P.S. - I also happen to think Bellichick is the best HC to ever stand a side line in NFL history. Much man-love for this guy and I'm proud that he was part of the Giants organization.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 12-19-2012 at 12:37 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Patriots
    Niners (under harbaugh only though)
    Texans
    Steelers
    Patriots (noted above)

    Niners - You can't be serious? All 1 3/4 seasons? Talk about fickle ... come see me in 8 years and lets see where the Harbaugh regime stands.

    Texans - Have been to the playoffs ONCE in their existence.

    Steelers - The Rooneys and Maras are probably the closest friends of any two ownership groups in the NFL. Not coincidentally, they also happen to be run almost identically. The major difference in my mind; Tomlin inherited one of the best DCs in the game, whereas their OCs have caused them to be offensively sputtering in fits and starts during the past decade. Conversely, our own OC has continually kept the Giants in the top third of the league in offensive production during his tenure. The Steelers earn one more trip to the SB than the Giants under their current regimes and lost. Otherwise, they could be virtual twin franchises (fraternal twins obviously).

  9. #9
    Veteran Laurah1275's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I'm glad you started with the Pats because I think they happen to be the best team in the NFL, year to year over the past decade.

    The absolute key to their success ... Bill Bellichick. They've been a revolving door for players (sans Brady) and coordinators (both OC and DC) and yet they always manage to remain on top of the pile. The last time they missed the playoffs, Brady was out the whole year and they STILL went 11-5 (can you imagine missing the playoffs with 11 wins?!).

    HOWEVER, the Pats haven't always been that fast paced dink and dunk team. In fact, when they were in the epitome of their dink-and-dunk offense (2001-2006) they were winning SBs (and not being favored in doing so) and since moving away from that they've whiffed twice (although their regular season record has tended to improve over that duration). The Pats made the move away from the dink-dunk-run to a more vertical game with Randy Moss in 2007 and have spent the last two seasons flailing a bit (still making the SB mind you) trying to reorganize their offense.

    Overall, the Pats define excellence in transition by CONSTANTLY being in transition.

    Having said all that, we DID beat them twice in the biggest game the NFL has to offer
    Ok, so then what goes wrong for them when they play us? What is it about the Giants that puts a sudden screech to all their greatness?

  10. #10
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    36,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Ok, so then what goes wrong for them when they play us? What is it about the Giants that puts a sudden screech to all their greatness?
    We control TOP by running the ball and putting pressure on Tom Brady. Not just pressure, but actually getting to him and hitting him.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts