+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    30,986

    What is chucking and ducking?

    What does chucking and ducking mean? Is it when Eli chucks the ball up for grabs and then he ducks to avoid getting hit? Thanks.

  2. #2
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    What does chucking and ducking mean? Is it when Eli chucks the ball up for grabs and then he ducks to avoid getting hit? Thanks.
    Yes. Because it compromises your mechanics and makes it more unlikely for a completion and more likely for a pick.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #3
    Throwing wobblers, I thought. I like your definition better, though.

  4. #4
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    30,986
    Got it.

  5. #5
    I think the winning pass in the first Skins' game would fall under this category.

  6. #6
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,106
    Quote Originally Posted by 45Jones View Post
    I think the winning pass in the first Skins' game would fall under this category.
    Plenty of completed passes happen with that. Peyton does it as much as anybody. And generally speaking the guys who get hurt more are guys who stand tall in the pocket and take the hits in order to wait for a guy to break open. Joe Namath had his career cut riddled with injuries and shortened because he was a tough SOB in the pocket. Phil Simms as well.
    If you want to say that it preserves your career that's fine.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #7
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,555
    two yard pass to a D line man....here you take it !!
    Last edited by byron; 12-19-2012 at 03:45 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    What does chucking and ducking mean? Is it when Eli chucks the ball up for grabs and then he ducks to avoid getting hit? Thanks.
    It's just a slang term for the "Run-and-Shoot" which Gilbride orchestrated way back in his days as an OC for the Oilers.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes. Because it compromises your mechanics and makes it more unlikely for a completion and more likely for a pick.
    Except Eli completes those more times than he doesn't ... and to the right team.

  10. #10
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Except Eli completes those more times than he doesn't ... and to the right team.
    I've never seen a review of all his passes where he's "chucked and ducked".
    But if you say so.......
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts